General Beware boot slammers

Currently reading:
General Beware boot slammers

Sprint Blue

One thing I have never had any complaints about is how sweetly the tailgate closes - with little effort and a reassuring click, but, whenever I leave someone else to get things out of the boot they tend to slam it shut with great force (kids, wife, other drivers). Each time this happens I seem to end up with a rattling parcel shelf - I'm on my 3rd sets of clips!

Further more, on close inspection the other day I noticed that the bottom corner edges of the tailgate have been contacting the flat top of the rear bumper which has resulted in the paint being worn away.

Anyone else have this problem?

PS mines a 3 door.

yeah ive got a broken one, also my boot wont close if its slammed. it just sits on the safety catch.

metalboot.jpg

Further more, on close inspection the other day I noticed that the bottom corner edges of the tailgate have been contacting the flat top of the rear bumper which has resulted in the paint being worn away.

I had the same problem when I bought the car, Complained to Fiat and they said they'd paint it. They had a better look in their garage and they decided to replace the bumper instead a result from fiat for a change.

it may be worth complaining about it, as a design fault.

MiniG

--
Stilo
1.6 dymanic, Broom Yellow, Skywindow, CD changer.
wanna see it? click here
http://www.stupidyellowcar.co.uk

Pardon me for being dim, what clips?
my parcel shelf has always rattled but cant see any clips, just the slots that the shelf fits into. Am I missing something obvious?

52 Plate, Stilo 1.2 Active 5 door Aircon 5 Disc CD Changer

Ah, so they do, they arent broken and my shelf still rattles!

52 Plate, Stilo 1.2 Active 5 door Aircon 5 Disc CD Changer

anyone know how much these cost??? boot slammers strike again, passenger side clip snapped last week, just what i needed to cheer me up while i thought about how passenger door got dented too. :(

Sprint Blue said:

Anyone else have this problem?

PS mines a 3 door.

If this is happening, you can unscrew the rubber boots a little on the boot lid and that stops the rubbing. Be careful not to do it too far

My pacel shelf used to rattle for a completely differt reason; it took me ages to find out what it was cause obviously i could only hear it when i was driving, it was like if to hard bits of plastic where hitting each other when i went over bumps.

The problem was that the shelf leans onto the two platic things on each side of the boot (i believe that they are aircon vents). The shelf has two "feet things" that come into contact with the aircon vents when you close the boot. What happened to me was that one of these "feet" had come loose (but it didn't fall of because it's held in place buy the lining taht covers the whole of the parcel shelf), and so it wa sthe actual shelf and not the "foot" that was coming into contact with the vent.

These "feet things" are very fragile and i'm sure alot of people have this problem and don't even know!!

Back