Best Remote Locking / Keyless Entry Kit for MK2 Punto (2000) around £30?

Currently reading:
Best Remote Locking / Keyless Entry Kit for MK2 Punto (2000) around £30?

I'd use Scotch locks personally (y)

Years ago I knew of mechanics in a Merc dealership who used them when adding electrical equipment to cars until a customer had constant problems with he's car which was down to one of those connectors not making contact correctly 100% of the time.

The director banned the use of those connectors in the workshop.

Years ago I knew of mechanics in a Merc dealership who used them when adding electrical equipment to cars until a customer had constant problems with he's car which was down to one of those connectors not making contact correctly 100% of the time.

The director banned the use of those connectors in the workshop.

Yep, there are people that have said they have had problems in the past, but personally I haven't, and I think like most things, its all down to how you use them.

Jon.

Ah, that could be a problem, as flashers are normally controlled by CAN BUS iirc :( (n)

I'm new to this CAN BUS system, any info/links about the in's & out's and what you can and can't add onto a vehicle without interfering with it.

If Grantlyn really wanted the indicators to flash could he not run more wires to each bulb? Ok, I know that's probably not very feasible, just trying to get my head around this system,.. would doing something like that still upset the CAN BUS system???

I'm new to this CAN BUS system, any info/links about the in's & out's and what you can and can't add onto a vehicle without interfering with it.

If Grantlyn really wanted the indicators to flash could he not run more wires to each bulb? Ok, I know that's probably not very feasible, just trying to get my head around this system,.. would doing something like that still upset the CAN BUS system???

Info and links consist of leaving it well alone. Running a wire to each bulb will result in what is an output recieving an input which could cause all matter of issues etc. And buggar the system up and you could run into Hundreds to pounds to fix it! (n)

Info and links consist of leaving it well alone.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's funny but I guess that's probably the case.

I wonder if in the future some bright spark will work out a way around this system or maybe we shall just have to keep our old 'normal' cars going.:)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: That's funny but I guess that's probably the case.

I wonder if in the future some bright spark will work out a way around this system or maybe we shall just have to keep our old 'normal' cars going.:)

I've been trying to get an alarm to interface with my Stilo's electrics, but impossible unless done at factory new (n)

Few companies claim to have products that work, but it's not worth the risk of buggaring up my car in my view. :(

I've been trying to get an alarm to interface with my Stilo's electrics, but impossible unless done at factory new (n)

So how about fitting a basic alarm, I know it's not ideal but can it be done without causing damage?

The one in mind I have just has 3 wires, live,earth and one for the door switches/courtesy light. I wonder if wiring into the courtesy light will cause problems?

So how about fitting a basic alarm, I know it's not ideal but can it be done without causing damage?

The one in mind I have just has 3 wires, live,earth and one for the door switches/courtesy light. I wonder if wiring into the courtesy light will cause problems?

I would't bother, no offence, but any alarm with 3 wires is crap. And most modern cars are fairly theift proof.

I would't bother, no offence, but any alarm with 3 wires is crap. And most modern cars are fairly theift proof.

I'm not that keen on alarms myself & no matter which one you have if they really want to nick the car.....having said that I think (and hope) that if one sounds when a door is opened then hopefully they will hop it sharpish, may just deter the local yobs from having the stereo etc away.

At the end of the day it's only a Panda, I doubt that they would mess about opening bonnets etc to find/cut alarm wires first.

well its a fiat punto mk2b 2004

i dont understand were to connect anything lol

That is why you have to pay for them fitting so the price will increase
fitting for one of those i charge about £40 - £50 tha u get warranty on the work help on products Public liability 16 years experience etc etc etc

People do earn a living like yourself on expertise

Regards Ian

Back