Best Remote Locking / Keyless Entry Kit for MK2 Punto (2000) around £30?

Currently reading:
Best Remote Locking / Keyless Entry Kit for MK2 Punto (2000) around £30?

robin91

I've got a W Reg (2000) Mk2 Punto 1.2 ELX 5 Door - currently has electric front windows and central locking. I now want to add a remote locking kit so that locking/unlocking the car is easier, quicker and more convenient.

What is the best remote locking kit for my car, ideally around ~£30? I don't want to go for a kit which isn't going to be safe/secure (i.e. other remotes could possibly open it). Is there a 'better' kit out there that people reccomend?

Any help appreciated!

Right, might take a while to get one, but they pop up ocassionally, a propper Fiat remote central locking kit for your age punto which is basically a relay with two remotes. The relay goes into fuse box, wham bam thankyou mam, job done (y)

Were £70 new, I know there was one in the classifieds a while back.

Jon.

Really, that easy and straight forward? If so, sounds rather good! Any benefit in terms of use/features etc over an aftermarket kit? Also, what is the remote like? Just a fiat tag that clips onto the key chain?

Cheers!

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Apart from an easier instalattion, and a standard looking remote, are there any other benefits to a proper fiat remote locking kit? As I don't want to spend £70 on a new one, and finding one second hand seems like it's going to be very difficult. Is there a particular aftermarket kit people reccomend? I've been looking at 'Right click' which looks quite good, anyone rate them? Or are there better options for around the £30 mark?

Just had a look at HAWK, and spotted this:

http://www.hawkcaralarm.com/Remote.html

Anyone know if that would do the job? Looks spot on, seems similar to the fiat one (Just wire up to fuse box and voila?) Might take longer to install than the official fiat one, but given its only £20 it'd be ideal if it'll work properly.

Cheers

i ordered a hawk upgrade kit today :)

bit worried about fitting it though

any help or advice?

thanx (y)

hawk remote central locking came back today and havent got a fuking clue lol

need a walk through showing what wires in the car must be connected to the wires in the central locking system

thanx

well its a fiat punto mk2b 2004

i dont understand were to connect anything lol

right i have managed to connect up everything except for the actuall central locking wires

how do yo connect the central locking wires from the car to the unit ?

just splice them in or what ?

yer ive seen them around look like a good product cheers will have another go today :) (y)

sorted :)

only thing i need to do now is connect it to my hazard lights so they flash when i lock and open the car

any ideas on how to do this

thanx

p.s. sorry for being a pain in the ass lol

Back