Technical Best fuse to use to hardwire a dash cam in a Fiat 500e?

Currently reading:
Technical Best fuse to use to hardwire a dash cam in a Fiat 500e?

Macky500

Hi, I have recently bought a Fiat 500e and wanted to hardwire a dash cam from the fuse box on the driver’s door side. Has anyone done this? If so what fuse did you choose to piggy-back the feed from? Any suggestions most welcome.

No personal experience of dashcams but there are a few solutions on easily found EV specific forums for the 500e, using USB and also a few suggestions on possible fuses. I don't want to recommend any fuses here without actually having direct experience myself so suggest you look to these. However, I am aware that there is an OBDII piggyback adapter with a USB power connector that some people have used but think using this is probably storing up future issues of parasitic battery drain. You definitely don't want a flat 12v battery in an EV.

Many thanks for the wise advice. I have also been looking at how to run the cables to a rear camera to pair with the dash cam and have got a bit nervous about obstructing the curtain airbags. All in all I think I will go for a professional installer - there is now a specific training module for installers working on electric vehicles, so I will find an installer with up to date experience.

Many thanks for the wise advice. I have also been looking at how to run the cables to a rear camera to pair with the dash cam and have got a bit nervous about obstructing the curtain airbags. All in all I think I will go for a professional installer - there is now a specific training module for installers working on electric vehicles, so I will find an installer with up to date experience.
Hello, I also worry about the wire running close to the curtain airbags. But seeing the explosive force of an airbag, it could possibly break the camera cable.
In my 2nd car, VW T-Cross, I have installed a 70mai A800s with the rear camera and it goes through the curtain airbag.

Back