General Best 13" Tyre?

Currently reading:
General Best 13" Tyre?

The ones I have on at the mo. They're lovely in the dry and warmth. Also since I stiffened the suspension it's a bit more understeery in the wet. I'll just have to take it easy for the winter. Plus I just spent my money on bits other than tyres... Oh dear :yum:

Cheers then

The ones I have on at the mo. They're lovely in the dry and warmth. Also since I stiffened the suspension it's a bit more understeery in the wet. I'll just have to take it easy for the winter. Plus I just spent my money on bits other than tyres... Oh dear :yum:

Cheers then

IMHO slightly false economy, but its your face.

Cheers

SPD

I know. But to be honest I go to work its 34 miles takes me 1h 15 mins average speed??? not very high I'm reckon. If I could find some that'll fit and work I'd prob go for it, and save me others for the summer. But whats out there??? not a great deal that i can find.What is others using on their 14" rims. be good to hear??

ta

In Essex? If you can pick up cheap 6J 14" wheels, I love 195/45/14 Uniroyal Rainsports -- they're pretty cheap and cope with everything short of snow (and don't do too badly on that). Wear is nothing to write home about, BWTH. If 5.5J 14s (Abarth or many of the smaller 4 stud Alfas) the 185/50/14 Conti Sport (but, although made by the same company, the Contis will be more expensive).

does anyone in england (no idea where the original poster is from though) really need winter tyres?

i have been driving 15 years and lots of different cars and never once have i even considered having different tyres for summer and winter. i don't know anyone who changes their tyres in the winter either.

maybe out in the middle of nowhere or up a mountain but in towns?

I have a distant memory from when I was a yuuf of tyre companies advertising summer and winter tyres. But winters now are nothing to what they used to be even 25 years ago (when I remember that the only way to get the Fulvia -- which wazs great at going down snowy hills providing you didn't back off, but hopeless getting up them -- up some hills was in reverse).

Didn't someone start advertising tyres as "Summer and Winter"?

On t'other hand, there are parts of Europe where they're compulsory, other parts where you have to carry snow chains.............

my mrs is from bavaria and it gets well cold there in the winter (yay! - going there for christmas) her family have 3 or 4 sets of wheels piled up in their basement at any one time
(think they might even have chains too)

does anyone in england (no idea where the original poster is from though) really need winter tyres?

i have been driving 15 years and lots of different cars and never once have i even considered having different tyres for summer and winter. i don't know anyone who changes their tyres in the winter either.

maybe out in the middle of nowhere or up a mountain but in towns?

so you never drive in condition less than 7ºC with ice and slush?
sounds like a British winter to me

i see you are in London - remember this?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/london/7978280.stm

I also have noticed that there are three types of road surface in my neck of the woods. Each one has its own grip properties ( or lack of ). The shiny smooth stuff is good in the wet, then there's the stuff with the smallish lumps of rock/gravel/or some other aggregate, this stuff is a little worse in the grip department. Then there's this other stuff with large lumps/gravel/rocks that is just appalling. Whyt cant they just stick to one standard road surface that works with my tyres an stop muckin around!!
thats this weeks rant out the way :bang:

Back