General Best 13" Tyre?

Currently reading:
General Best 13" Tyre?

MiG

Could do with some new Tyres soon on the Cinq, and was wondering what 13" Tyres would be best?

I'm running the stock 13" Wheel and would preferably like something with mucho grip and a feel that lets you know when your pushing it too hard. :devil:

Cheers,
MiG

You can't have it all.

If you are in the northern hemisphere you are going to be needing winter tyres for the next 6 months, so 155/70 x 13 Vredestein 75 or Kumho 7400.

Cheers

SPD

155/70/13? 70? Aren't they bigger than the wheels themselves? :D

Think I have 175/65/13's at the minute, and would probably be looking at 175/50/13?

Think i'm running Kuhmo's at the minute and I do like them but they do feel too big for the car.

Cheers,
MiG

Somewhere, someone has suggested an alternate Pirelli, I think -- a search should find it.

But people bin the 13s precisely because there are no cheap performance tyres in that size (for road use, anyway) and stick 14s on.

Thought as much.

Wouldn't be looking at 14's at the minute, just 13's. I get tyres at wholesale price so might have a look at some options.

Saw some Yoko A539's? But they were £50 a corner :bang: That was a internet price though.

Narrower and taller tyres are recommended for the winter season, better handling on snow, someone correct me if i'm wrong. For dry tarmac, it's the exact opposite, you want wide and low.

155/70/13? 70? Aren't they bigger than the wheels themselves? :D

Think I have 175/65/13's at the minute, and would probably be looking at 175/50/13?

Think i'm running Kuhmo's at the minute and I do like them but they do feel too big for the car.

Cheers,
MiG

Winter or summer?

I have absolutely no idea what tires are currently on my Seicento :eek:
The brand is Goodyear, default size, but there is no additional information on them.
Generally my tires are changed every 8 months, because they are just worn.

Is it really necessary to change for winter or summer?
I live in the Netherlands, so there will be a lot off rain next months.
But i prefer to use the same tires all year round, i do just not have al lot of money :p

Last edited:
Winter tyres are mandatory in some european countries during November to April.

Summer tyres stop working at about 7 degrees C.

I haven't put my winter tyres on the Cento yet and yesterday they felt really hard and horrible at 6 degrees C.

If the OP wants consistent grip during the winter months then 155/70 x 13 in a winter compound is the only sensible choice. You can't get a winter compound in 175/50 x 13.

The 155/70 x 13 winter tyres are only about £30 a corner, so financially it also makes sense. They will perform well up to 16 degrees C, so will not start to excesively wear until that point.

Cheers

SPD

£50 a corner is standard for 175/50/13's. In that size I found fulda's to be ****, yoko's okish and conti's the best. Just pay the money if you want decent tyres

I'm a bit thick when it comes to tyre sizes... What alternate size can go on 14" rims. When i put my tyre size in to tyre sites I get pirelli p6000 that i'm running at the mo... But these are v poor in the wet an cold. Understeer central.

I'm a bit thick when it comes to tyre sizes... What alternate size can go on 14" rims. When i put my tyre size in to tyre sites I get pirelli p6000 that i'm running at the mo... But these are v poor in the wet an cold. Understeer central.

This time of year you need to be looking at a winter compound. What size are you trying to find?

Chers

SPD

I just looked on vredestein site. They offer 175 70 14 in some of their winter range. This mean the cicumference would be bigger right therefore increasing effort for braking and acceleration?? Plus does anyone know the width of the 14" abarth rim, just looking at the toyo's and having a bit of a daydream...

Last edited:
Could do with some new Tyres soon on the Cinq, and was wondering what 13" Tyres would be best?

I'm running the stock 13" Wheel and would preferably like something with mucho grip and a feel that lets you know when your pushing it too hard. :devil:

Cheers,
MiG

Getting a little dated now, but the 155/70R13 adac.de (03/2007) test placings were: (1) Conti EcoContact3 (2) Bridgestone B250 (3) Pirelli P3000 Energy (4) Hankook Optimo K715 & (5) Dunlop SP30

The same five models also topped the Tread Carefully Which? (Mar2007) report: (1) Conti EcoContact3 (2) Hankook Optimo K715 (3) Pirelli P3000 Energy (4) Bridgestone B250 7 (5) Dunlop SP30

Further info: http://www1.adac.de/Tests/Reifentes...ab.asp?ComponentID=173975&SourcePageID=173977

Back