General Beep beep beep

Currently reading:
General Beep beep beep

Dominion

haven't got enough lette
If I disconnect the grey plug under the passenger seat will this just bring up the red warning light on the dash, but avoid the beeping every five minutes?

I know I can cancel the warning text by hitting the "mode" button, but will it keep coming back during the same journey?

Dont know TBO but sure Decks and Rroope will answer this for you (y)

And you can alter the text by hitting the mode button well you learn something new every day :D

Will agree about the beeping it drives you to distraction doesnt it :bang: you feel like you want to catch hold of the airbag ECU and haul it out of the window :mad:

PNL said:
Dont know TBO but sure Decks and Rroope will answer this for you (y)

And you can alter the text by hitting the mode button well you learn something new every day :D

Will agree about the beeping it drives you to distraction doesnt it :bang: you feel like you want to catch hold of the airbag ECU and haul it out of the window :mad:

The airbag alone would've been plenty of technology. I reckon fiat were just tempting fate with the OCS - technology overload.

custard said:
is the beep used for other things?
if not cant you put an inline switch to the beeper?

The beep is almost a constant companion for one reason or other. Some things have one beep, some have three, some are continuous. It is very useful, but when you know it's only sounding as a glitch it gets right on your man-t!ts:mad:
So I don't think an in-line switch would be possible to cure just that one fault.

Nice idea though:idea:

Have you had a look at the Stilo guides?
If you have the OC sensor gone then the only cure is replacing it. The airbag ECU interrogates the OCS and if it doesn't get the right answer then the warning light and AIR BAG FAILURE come up

The OCS is a little expensive at £100 and it could have been cheaper if Fiat supplied just the sensor rather than the sensor and the seat base foam with it. Hmmm food for thought as the OCS is obviously not up to the task

If you have the airbag connector bad contact fault then that's explained in the guides too and a great deal cheaper to fix :)

Deckchair5 said:
Have you had a look at the Stilo guides?
If you have the OC sensor gone then the only cure is replacing it. The airbag ECU interrogates the OCS and if it doesn't get the right answer then the warning light and AIR BAG FAILURE come up

The OCS is a little expensive at £100 and it could have been cheaper if Fiat supplied just the sensor rather than the sensor and the seat base foam with it. Hmmm food for thought as the OCS is obviously not up to the task

If you have the airbag connector bad contact fault then that's explained in the guides too and a great deal cheaper to fix :)

I tried cleaning the connectors like you advised in the guides section (been meaning to big you up for that(y) ). It seemed to work for a few hours of continuous driving but then it started again. Maybe the contacts are not quite clean enough and need another go. I'll try that in the morning.
I've also checked out the info on replacing the OCS and it doesn't seem too bad (except the 100 quid). If it fails tomorrow, then it looks like replacement time - after i've fixed my soddin exhaust:mad:

nightsmith said:
I tried cleaning the connectors like you advised in the guides section (been meaning to big you up for that(y) ). It seemed to work for a few hours of continuous driving but then it started again. Maybe the contacts are not quite clean enough and need another go. I'll try that in the morning.
I've also checked out the info on replacing the OCS and it doesn't seem too bad (except the 100 quid). If it fails tomorrow, then it looks like replacement time - after i've fixed my soddin exhaust:mad:

Now the way to go with the exhaust is stain ..........errrr think I have said enough on stilo mods for one day :p I dont think Argo is talking to me after suggesting we all turn to the dark side of the force
sid.gif
maulhood.gif

Forgive me Argo I was only kidding honest ;)
diablo.gif

I'm still tallking PNL :hug:

I just thought you were saying NEVER buy Fiat OEM parts.

I guess you can't go far wrong with 3rd party springs, shocks, discs & pads :worship:

Argonought said:
I'm still tallking PNL :hug:

I just thought you were saying NEVER buy Fiat OEM parts.

I guess you can't go far wrong with 3rd party springs, shocks, discs & pads :worship:

Cant ever say Never as well you know its just not possible to buy all after market spares for:p the stilo :idea: aftermarket map sensors /ecu's/bum on seat pads/injectors /and on and on and on and on ;)

Was it like it when you bought it Nightsmith? If you haven't had the chance to see the symptoms i.e. if the warning light and warnings were already coming on then you could be wasting money just buying an OCS hoping that's the cause. The only sure way is by letting Examiner have a look as it could be a lot of other reasons like airbag ECU, the airbag themselves or just connector problems

Back