Technical battery saver

Currently reading:
Technical battery saver

You will lose the clock settings (easily reset) and might have to reset the Radio. In my car, the standard Panda CD radio just switches on when the power is restored.

Thanks, did read that engine management would lose some info, better safe than sorry!
The AA replaced the last battery, and they plugged something into the obd port before disconnecting.

AA/RAC uses a small battery to keep the car powered up so they can't be blamed for problems with things like radios, etc. A lithium jump pack will do the job but it's not necessary on Panda.

Glad to hear that. I wasn't going to buy a battery saver, not worth it to use very infrequently.
Would have paid Halfords to fit battery.

Had car from new and it's the original radio/cd .
Great

Fitted properly the code is stored in the car's computer (except early tape players)

You should be fine swapping the battery without a battery saver

I only know of one car that needed a radio code and that was when the customer went to collect the car it had the wrong spec radio fitted and the garages swapped it out of another car

I have got the radio code, it came with handbook and service book. I was mainly concerned about any ECU problems.
That's great

As far as I know the ECU has never been a problem

I had three 169 pandas it's never been a problem on any of those

The order you remove and connect the leads is important some instructions here

Start stop are also fussy on battery you would recomend posting the post 2012 section (2013)

Back