Bass Vibration

Currently reading:
Bass Vibration

Hi,
Wondering if there is a solution to my problem...
Whenever I play tracks with a lot of bass at high volume something in my car vibrates endlessly... I was wondering if there is anything i can put in the car to dampen out the vibrations...

Would sound proofing the car stop this? If so where would I get some from... I've seen someone on here do their Sei with some roofers felt... Where would I get hold of this?

Thanks

Adam

Make a new shelf out of ply wood it'll be a lot stronger. Just use the old shelf as a template! Plus it'll only cost you about 25 quid for a shelf including 4 times as much covering as you need! lol. This stuff always comes in handy.
P.S. Putting MDF underneath won't do much if anything. Hope this helps.

anothing thing you could try is silicone sealant. I used it to stop some of the rattling on my car like the door cards. but as its a panda i own it still rattles a hell of alot. Does felt actually work?

laters rich

with my punto a get a rattle from the carpet wheel liners in the boot as well as the reg plate and the rear wiper.

the best soundproofing to use is dynamat you can get it from good car hifi shops it worked for me...

myfiatunoLHDizdabest said:
in my uno iv got 2 12" subs and 6x9 and standard shelf and it has no rattles as i sprayed my rear wiper with wd40 and tighterend the num plate and dats all that rattled, as its quite solid inside.

My uno rattles like a bitch :mad: Ive guessed its the whole rear hatch that vibrates cos theres little else it could be. but in saying that, with over 1200w of power from my 2 x 12", i'd expect that :D

Adam, does it come from the boot? I've noticed with my new sub in there, at high volumes and deep bass, the venty flappy bits in the boot flap around all over the place.

It sounded like the exhaust spluttering from outside the car.. just coming from the wrong side and with the engine off!

arc said:
the venty flappy bits in the boot flap around all over the place.

It sounded like the exhaust spluttering from outside the car.. just coming from the wrong side and with the engine off!

I only just found those yesterday when putting the false floor in....

That thing's really helped stop the vibrations!

Back