Basic Guide: How to Clean your Car

Currently reading:
Basic Guide: How to Clean your Car

should last a good couple of months really, when you re-wash do you use a quick detailer when drying or not?

No detailer, just a waffle cloth :)

agree with Tris...last approx 3 months..or do it when it stops beading/sheeting or you just want an improvement in looks tbh

a QD would help for the in between ones something like CG speed wipe(nice smell btw) also works well as a drying aid so does to jobs nicely....smells like strawberries btw...:p

QD?
So wash/dry car, then use something CG speed wipe?

kinda had this occ. with mine although mine go for my Megs #7 loads of oils hahaha, one nearly went in the bottle stupid thing...

I quite like BOS, works well when layered, still offer it as a free upgrade with the paintwork correction service.

Smells nice too!

main reason for using it tbh....hahaha not the looks .....well possibly...but as said in the other thread probs use it with the FK although im might tempted if i have the £££ to take a looksy at some of more pricey SV ones....

I've got half a tub of Mystery left, but prefer the look of Dodo Juice Supernatural. I think Onyx is the best value for money in terms of looks, price and durability.

whats the mystery like, ive heard its just basically a pricey BOS...in simple terms....i'm stupidly tempted by the Paul Dalton one actually...yes i have to admit SN does look good cost vs looks etc. have you tried the Scuderia???although i might look into Zymol Ital when the BOS is finished...

Last edited:
Yep, an expensive pot of BOS to be honest, but if people want to pay £30 a layer then i'm happy to put it on.

I've only tried Onyx, BOS and Mystery. The PD one is just a marketing gimmick IMHO.

I've not been a fan of the Zymol stuff, mainly because I can't advertise the fact customers can have it as an option.

I would go for a tin of FK1000p and a pot of supernatural v2 - you have everything covered with those two.

although again i'm very swung with the superb experience i have had with the BOS...no doubt i will end back with another lol....and i take on board what your saying about most of the other SV stuff...

wow thats sum hardcore cleaning, how long does all that take you? and is it vital to do all those steps? the claying is sumthing ive been told will really help with my broom yellow gt2? Would it be ok just to shampoo, clay, then polish the car? or do u reccomend waxing it too? lol i know i sounding lazy but it normally takes me 2-3 hours alone wen i shampoo and wax!! lol

Old school car care tips - pick up dirty sponge from floor, old bucket fille using washing up liquid, old shirt, old chamois and turtlewax. Start by washing wheels with sponge and dry with old them with the old shirt. Now straight onto the bodywork of the car wash with the old sponge, dry the car off with the old chamois, don't worry if it's a little hard from the last time you used it. Crack out the turtlewax and lay down a nice thick layer with the dirty old shirt, sit back with a cup of tea and the newspaper while it cakes off. Using the old shirt (with buttons still attached) buff off the turtle wax, you'll have to live the the stained black plastics. Enjoy Sunday detailing the old way (y)

Last edited:
Back