General Bargain or turkey?

Currently reading:
General Bargain or turkey?

Hi, i've had a Punto Sporting for 9 years and recently fancied a Stilo. I found a black 54 plate "Prestigio" (5 door abarth) with 33k, FSH, all the options, claws etc and revised boot / light design and bought it privately for £4900 cash.

Sounds silly, but is this too cheap? It was a little untidy when I collected it but a day with a bucket and wax has done wonders.

There is a yellow "x" on the side of the belt cover under the bonnet, does this signify a recon engine? Anyone else have it?

It drives absolutely perfectly, and being debadged / redesigned model looks quite sinister and unusual. I love it to bits, just unsure of the true value....

Original sales invoice shows £21000 ex Fiat Slough demo....down to less than a quarter in 2 1/2 years?

MOT testers use yellow chalk to mark things, maybe there was a MOT problem there?

Nice car (if it is not a turkey)

Well some one had to do it so it may as well be me ..sorry but it was just begging to be done :D

turkeyowl.jpg

Ha, very good! I know there's some apathy towards the 5dr stilo, but c'mon!

So, for £4900 my 54 plate Abarth / Prestigio...

pass.jpg

rearangle-1.jpg

interior.jpg

Being a later model, there's some bits missing - no, auto wipers/lights, cruise control, luggage area powerpoint, (n) but look at that leather! :slayer:

I don't see the "greatness" of Claws I don't like them and can't understand the hype? (maybe they grow on you?)

Am I the only one?

Nice car though!

its funny but i didnt like the claws till i saw them in the metal.dont think the look as good in pictures.
as for the yellow X it may be the cam belt cover was damaged and replaceD?
check the engine numbers and compare to the docs as most dont update the details on an engine swap

Ha, very good! I know there's some apathy towards the 5dr stilo, but c'mon!

So, for £4900 my 54 plate Abarth / Prestigio...

pass.jpg

rearangle-1.jpg

interior.jpg

Being a later model, there's some bits missing - no, auto wipers/lights, cruise control, luggage area powerpoint, (n) but look at that leather! :slayer:

No apathy believe me as I own a 5dr its the only one to own you just got the wrong engine that's all and the leather seat looks like a wrinkly babies bum :D

Last edited:
the abarth only the work car the toy is the megane renaultsport with 260bhp is that engine good enough for you? :yuck:

Nah, give me an Alfa GTA anyday. Renault's are a pile of plop! Even if you look after them, the constant stresses on the chassis eventually leads to shell warping and you end up with ripples in the panels. Something Renault has never managed to cure since the Williams Clio.

The GTA on the other hand, carries the last ever built Alfa Romeo V6 engine and will be worth a fortune in years to come.

it's a turkey I'm afraid because it has too many doors :p

Only joking! looks pretty tidy, mine was an ex demo car and I got it quite cheap (3dr abarth, 04 plate, skyroof, 2 tone leather for £5.6k)

just enjoy that engine (y)

How many doors does a turkey have? Ive tried counting but could only find wings and feet!!!:D

Only turkeys I know of are those that slag off italian cars without actually trying them. There are enough of them about for a proper turkey shoot:D

Nah, give me an Alfa GTA anyday. Renault's are a pile of plop! Even if you look after them, the constant stresses on the chassis eventually leads to shell warping and you end up with ripples in the panels. Something Renault has never managed to cure since the Williams Clio.

The GTA on the other hand, carries the last ever built Alfa Romeo V6 engine and will be worth a fortune in years to come.

Yeah GTA mint car I keep considering buying one myself althought I believe the early Alfa GT models also came with the last stocks of the original Alfa V6 before swaping to a GM derived V6.

Oi you lot cut it out Turkies are for life not just for Christmas :yum: :devil:

Back