General Bargain or Dilema?

Currently reading:
General Bargain or Dilema?

redvtec

Just bought a 1.6 MW on an 04 plate for £100!!! Its a non runner at the mo.
I bought it for the 17" Blade alloys so I can put them on my 1.9JTD 3 Door. The dilema being its a really clean car and has climate control. I'm tempted to see if I can fire the old girl up. I've tried turning it over but it will not catch. I'm wondering if it could be just the coil packs? Battery is on charge.

Just bought a 1.6 MW on an 04 plate for £100!!! Its a non runner at the mo.
I bought it for the 17" Blade alloys so I can put them on my 1.9JTD 3 Door. The dilema being its a really clean car and has climate control. I'm tempted to see if I can fire the old girl up. I've tried turning it over but it will not catch. I'm wondering if it could be just the coil packs? Battery is on charge.

Try jump starting it off your car or your battery as its probably fine if its on your 1.9JTD, id do that cos im too impatient lol.

It might be worth a go, even to just sell it on and make a few quid. Start with the basics - make sure it's got fuel and give it a service (oil change, plugs and filters) and see if she'll live.

Also worth having a go if you've got FES / MES having a scan for codes incase she is throwing up anything that'd stop her from starting like crank sensor or something.

Back