Technical bad fuel economy punto

Currently reading:
Technical bad fuel economy punto

ok, mk1 punto 60s team, getting 150 miles to half a tank of city stop-start driving. is this bad? also idle is at 2k when i start car, and drops to 900 after 10 mins. i decided to see if it was the lambda sensor, i unplugged it whilst running, and nothing happened. no chnage that i could tell.
does this sound like i need a new lambda sensor?
have checked idle control valve and nice and shine and clean.
any replises much appriciated.
thanks

What speed does the engine idle at? should be roughly 800-900 rpm but I know of one or two that like 1200-1300. Driving style may be a factor but it's unlikely.

does it have a cold start valve ,if so give it a good clean,clean the throttle body out to once you done that give it a good hard drive up the road to clean her out my sporting hates being in town for long periods but once you put your foot down she is fine .

i no its not the same engine but i get around town about 180mile on half a tank ,long drive 200 to 230 miles on half

does it have a cold start valve ,if so give it a good clean,clean the throttle body out to once you done that give it a good hard drive up the road to clean her out my sporting hates being in town for long periods but once you put your foot down she is fine .

i no its not the same engine but i get around town about 180mile on half a tank ,long drive 200 to 230 miles on half

im on 180 miles and im thru 3/4 a tank!!

how do i clean throttle body...never figured that one, just sort of dabbed it with kitchen towel....

Just out of interest, have you tried working out your mpg?

how many litres is half a tank?

brim it, use the tank, and then fill up again- record how many litres it takes to brim the car again, and then divide this by 4.5 to get gallons and then divide the total amount of miles by this number.

This will give a better indication of if your getting good or bad mpg or not.

I take it tyre pressures are right and its been serviced recently?

well, i recently brimmed it, and reset trip counter, so i could go brim it again and check actual mpg, btw a full tank is 50L ish. im getting roughly 23mpg goin on rough calculations. but ima go brim it now and measure more accuratley.

edit: yes been serivced recently and tyres are good.

oh right, i never got near 50 litres in mine, usually nearer to 43/44- even though the tank is supposed to be 50ish litres

Back