General Bad aircon regas

Currently reading:
General Bad aircon regas

freddyokel

The aircon on my 2010 Multipla has been getting steadily worse over the last 4 years and it finally got below the pressure switch level and stopped working.
So, yesterday I took it for a regas.
Come back to pick it up and the garage say yes, it's all fine. It's been vacuum tested, cleaned and regassed.
I drive the 20 minutes home with the aircon on and it's great.
Park up, and there's a hissing noise from under the bonnet which eventually goes away.
I later investigate and from the dispersal pattern it looks like some kind of fluid has been sprayed out of the high pressure port.
Upshot is, aircon now doesn't work.
So the question is... is this the garage's fault or have I just been very unlucky?

Not unheard of, especially if the caps are missing from the fill ports then when it’s regassed it only takes the tiniest crumb of dirt in the valve to stop the valve sealing and everything is fine with the machine attached to the car but the gas all leaks out as soon as it’s disconnected

Not unheard of, especially if the caps are missing from the fill ports then when it’s regassed it only takes the tiniest crumb of dirt in the valve to stop the valve sealing and everything is fine with the machine attached to the car but the gas all leaks out as soon as it’s disconnected
Yeah I'm not very knowledgeable about aircon but the cabin did stink of refrigerant when I got in.
I guess they didn't do any post disconnect checks.

Back