Backup up drivers

Currently reading:
Backup up drivers

hey guys, got a computer off a mate a while go, was decent but i noticed it had a few issues, i've not used it for a while, and since it's now all i have it's my main PC, and it's going really quite slow even though it's a half decent spec.

so.. for a few reasons.. i'm just wanting to format it and start again, problem is i don't have any of the drivers and the computer is a home build type, was just wanting to get the sound, graphics drivers off the computer, i've done this before but it was a long time ago and i've forgotten, any help is greatly appreciated!

cheers!

Find out what hardware is installed (go to device manager an click the properties tab on the appropriate hardware), find out what it is then search the 'net for the manufacturer's website and find drivers that way. I'm assuming it's not so old that the hardware will no longer be supported!

I'm sure as well there are a couple of websites out there that are dedicated to hosting drivers for just about all kinds of hardware.

Perhaps one of the techy types can offer more advice?

Just google all the component makes and models and add "driver" at the end, download all the setup files you need for everything (may even be a chip set driver to save you doing everything seperatley, or maybe not as its a home build.)

When you have them all burn them to disk and label it "setup".

Its the long winded way (bout 20-30 mins) but then you have a driver disk with everything all in one place which will make it faster next time you have to format (y)

Back