Technical Backfire Marea.

Currently reading:
Technical Backfire Marea.

Lucas1313

Hello forum friends! I had already posted but I was unable to get help. I'm very interested in doing a "BACKFIRE" on the exhaust of my Marea (that service in which, by means of a button, it cuts the ignition current and transfers it to a coil in the exhaust that activates a spark plug which, consequently, by cutting off the engine's ignition, throw the mixture into the exhaust and when it meets the electrical current from the candle in the exhaust it causes that beautiful flame of fire to come out...)..it is a HLX 2.0 with gasoline combustion... I would like to know which wire from the ignition coils which I must do the service..has anyone done this? I want to know which wire gives this general command to the ignition.

Hello forum friends! I had already posted but I was unable to get help. I'm very interested in doing a "BACKFIRE" on the exhaust of my Marea (that service in which, by means of a button, it cuts the ignition current and transfers it to a coil in the exhaust that activates a spark plug which, consequently, by cutting off the engine's ignition, throw the mixture into the exhaust and when it meets the electrical current from the candle in the exhaust it causes that beautiful flame of fire to come out...)..it is a HLX 2.0 with gasoline combustion... I would like to know which wire from the ignition coils which I must do the service..has anyone done this? I want to know which wire gives this general command to the ignition.
I thought we had already answered this query with the reasons why it was not advisable.
If you wish to persist why don't you arrange an independent source of fuel and ignition that does what you want without damaging the cars system?
I assume you are trying to emulate turbo charged rally competition cars etc.;)

The extra fuel in the exhaust will almost immediately destroy the cat you’d risk blowing tbe exhaust silencers open or the joints in the pipes apart.

If you’re going to go down this route start with a full replacement exhaust designed to cope with that abuse and you’d need to decat the exhaust,

If you want it to pop and bang properly then you need a remap that has that feature

The extra fuel in the exhaust will almost immediately destroy the cat you’d risk blowing tbe exhaust silencers open or the joints in the pipes apart.

If you’re going to go down this route start with a full replacement exhaust designed to cope with that abuse and you’d need to decat the exhaust,

If you want it to pop and bang properly then you need a remap that has that feature
good morning! (here in Brazil it is morning now). Well, an independent system? Here in Brazil, the ones I saw don't use an independent system, as far as I understand it is done by cutting off the ignition...my exhaust is already made of stainless steel...the question of the spark plug in the exhaust would be in the last silence, already very close to the final exit.. In the videos I saw, I don't believe it would be capable of destroying or damaging it.. as it will only cut the ignition and make the engine throw away the excess unburned fuel, remembering that the spark plug is to give the spark will be fine at the end, and the cut-off is a matter of micro seconds...the force of the engine cycle itself will always help to push it out...I don't think there is a risk of an explosion in the middle of the system...well I do I just want to know which wire would be the general one to cut the ignition of the 5 coils... I could pay a technician to find out, but I'm an adventurer and I do my own maintenance... I know the basics... this question is more technical ..but I don't think I'm a big deal...please if you can help I would appreciate it and any imprudence I won't come here to blame for my work...it's all at my own risk! A big hug from Brazil. And just one more thing... here in Brazil, these flames are in fashion!

good morning! (here in Brazil it is morning now). Well, an independent system? Here in Brazil, the ones I saw don't use an independent system, as far as I understand it is done by cutting off the ignition...my exhaust is already made of stainless steel...the question of the spark plug in the exhaust would be in the last silence, already very close to the final exit.. In the videos I saw, I don't believe it would be capable of destroying or damaging it.. as it will only cut the ignition and make the engine throw away the excess unburned fuel, remembering that the spark plug is to give the spark will be fine at the end, and the cut-off is a matter of micro seconds...the force of the engine cycle itself will always help to push it out...I don't think there is a risk of an explosion in the middle of the system...well I do I just want to know which wire would be the general one to cut the ignition of the 5 coils... I could pay a technician to find out, but I'm an adventurer and I do my own maintenance... I know the basics... this question is more technical ..but I don't think I'm a big deal...please if you can help I would appreciate it and any imprudence I won't come here to blame for my work...it's all at my own risk! A big hug from Brazil. And just one more thing... here in Brazil, these flames are in fashion!

Well, I'm sorry, I'm not very good with the internet and I apologize in advance if I'm breaking any forum rules with my posts.. I have a guy who worked on my exhaust, he's a professional... and he was the one who came up with this idea, I thought it was interesting. But he charged me to do it, and I didn't want to pay... I work as a welder, I just didn't do my exhaust because I don't have time to spare... my father owned a car repair shop, and I'm going on vacation from work. , and I wanted to take the opportunity to do this project... I would like to know what the thread is, so I don't have to rack my brains trying to figure out what the thread would be! If you could help me be clear on what to do I would greatly appreciate it. Why don't I try to figure it out on my own and then come here and teach anyone who wants to do it too! let's help each other!

This will potentially burn and over heat the exhaust valve, trigger an engine management light for a misfire, it will damage the catalytic converter both from the fuel and the fragile honeycomb is not designed to handle combustion the exhaust silences might not blow open but after doing it a few times you might find the contents of the silencers making their way out of the tail pipe clogging your exhaust system and causing a loss of power which can cause further up stream problems like blowing the exhaust gasket

Honestly there is nothing good to be gained by doing this, and you will damage your engine if not immediately then in a fairly short space of time, if you value your car don’t do it, if you don’t care then just do what all the boy racers do which is bounce the car off the rev limiter with no load on the engine, and turn the ignition on and off to achieve exactly what you’re proposing.

It’s not about supporting each other or teaching each other, this one is about giving you sound advice so you don’t ruin your engine.

This will potentially burn and over heat the exhaust valve, trigger an engine management light for a misfire, it will damage the catalytic converter both from the fuel and the fragile honeycomb is not designed to handle combustion the exhaust silences might not blow open but after doing it a few times you might find the contents of the silencers making their way out of the tail pipe clogging your exhaust system and causing a loss of power which can cause further up stream problems like blowing the exhaust gasket

Honestly there is nothing good to be gained by doing this, and you will damage your engine if not immediately then in a fairly short space of time, if you value your car don’t do it, if you don’t care then just do what all the boy racers do which is bounce the car off the rev limiter with no load on the engine, and turn the ignition on and off to achieve exactly what you’re proposing.

It’s not about supporting each other or teaching each other, this one is about giving you sound advice so you don’t ruin your engine.
I really think there is a lack of understanding.. I really don't believe that this causes anything mentioned or that it would pose a potential risk to the engine.. that's why I really think there is a lack of understanding.. I don't know if It is allowed to post a link to another site, but I will post one here showing specifically and exactly one simple thing I want to do. here it is and if they still don't want to help...I swear I'll give up and pay someone to do it and I don't mind saying that I probably had terrible support from you friends!

Hi,

People here really are trying to help you please don't be rude.

If your car has had the catalytic converter removed then doing what you are thinking of cannot damage the catalytic converter.

If your car still has catalytic converter then cutting the ignition and pumping fuel into the exhaust will first go into the catalytic converter. the catalytic converter gets extremely hot and the fuel will ignite from the heat , the burning fuel will destroy the (very expensive) catalytic converter .

Please understand all the posts have been trying to help you not suffer damaged car and large money costs.

Stay friendly.

Best wishes

Jack

oh my friends...understand..please understand! My exhaust is already without the "catalyst", it is no longer the original, it is completely modified, I spent a good investment and at any time I will post a video of it with the beautiful sound that propagates from it (here in Brazil, where I constantly live, people They are enchanted by the beautiful sound that our beloved Marea is capable of producing, it really captures people's attention)..it's made of stainless steel...I don't know if I posted it in the wrong area of the forum...I don't know if I'm already running there is a risk of being banned..but please understand, there is nothing to damage the exhaust, it is ready and will definitely resist as it is made of 2.5 inch stainless steel and is already completely free..there is nothing to worry about.. But I also understand the technical issue that you mentioned so much and what you are looking out for... but understand that I really want to do this!

oh my friends...understand..please understand! My exhaust is already without the "catalyst", it is no longer the original, it is completely modified, I spent a good investment and at any time I will post a video of it with the beautiful sound that propagates from it (here in Brazil, where I constantly live, people They are enchanted by the beautiful sound that our beloved Marea is capable of producing, it really captures people's attention)..it's made of stainless steel...I don't know if I posted it in the wrong area of the forum...I don't know if I'm already running there is a risk of being banned..but please understand, there is nothing to damage the exhaust, it is ready and will definitely resist as it is made of 2.5 inch stainless steel and is already completely free..there is nothing to worry about.. But I also understand the technical issue that you mentioned so much and what you are looking out for... but understand that I really want to do this!
Unfortunately, I don't speak English and I'm using a translator to communicate with you here...some words arrive here after the translation with another meaning that I wanted to express. I'm sorry I lost a little patience, I understand that you want the best and to help everyone who seeks help here in the right way. But understand that in my case I am very determined about what I want to do. And I say again that if someone says what I want to know and if for some reason it goes wrong, I will not come here and point the blame! And if something bad happens, we work and live for it, after all, that's what money and our efforts are for! We will only know if it will work if we try! I'm going on vacation from my work this week! My father has a mechanical workshop, he has worked in this profession for 30 years... but he doesn't make modifications and he is not an electrical mechanic... we could rack our brains and try to discover the Wire that controls the order of the combustion spark system... however I would like to get straight to the point if anyone can give us this strength! A hug to everyone! God bless us always!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231109-111603.png
    Screenshot_20231109-111603.png
    519.2 KB · Views: 7
And my friends, I'm sorry..that's what I want to do..however, marea doesn't use a single coil that it distributes.. There are 5 and it's something different, if it was just one it would be much easier to find out! similar to this video that I will post here at the end. I want to know which thread in the case of the marea needs to be done!

I see from photo of engine that it uses "coil on plug " coils

That makes it more difficult.

You will have to find the common positive wire for all the coils in the car wiring and fit a switch

I see from photo of engine that it uses "coil on plug " coils

That makes it more difficult.

You will have to find the common positive wire for all the coils in the car wiring and fit a switch
yes my dear friend! That's exactly why I came to ask for help! If it was a single coil it would be easier! in the case of my car there are 5 individual coils! I would like to know which wire to use to make the diagram in the video! a hug

The real and only answer is You cannot do a simple single circuit as in the video because you have 5 individual coils.

Good luck

The real and only answer is You cannot do a simple single circuit as in the video because you have 5 individual coils.

Good luck
Ok, I get it. However, the thing you said about finding the common positive, and using a switch, wouldn't that already be necessary to cut the coherent one? a single positive that must certainly feed the ignition coil system? Because if there is a positive wire for each coil, I would almost have an electrical network in my vehicle lol.. if I use a meter, what voltage do I have to find on the positive wire to know that it is it? and I can also do a test with the coil that I will use to see if I can generate the spark... but what voltage should be found to determine the positive wire?!

There is a network of wires in your car.

There will be a positve wire feeding each coil. It is possible that somewhere in the mass of wires in your car they join to become one wire. A wiring diagram may show if this is the case but will NOT show the location of the place where wires join.

There is a network of wires in your car.

There will be a positve wire feeding each coil. It is possible that somewhere in the mass of wires in your car they join to become one wire. A wiring diagram may show if this is the case but will NOT show the location of the place where wires join.
good really. Your idea is very good and I share the same thought! The positive wire is 12 volts directly to the coil, right? I'll try to locate the main feeder... and if I find it, I can do what I want, correct? With the help of a meter I will try to locate it, just confirm if you can tell if it really is the positive one that I should use to turn on the "button" and should it contain 12 volts?

I am sorry but you are not going to be able to do this yourself.

Your car is too complicated with 5 coil on plug coils. The system you posted a video of works in a totally different way to " coil on plug"

Someone with a good understanding of how coil on plug systems work would struggle with what you are trying to do even if they had a full wiring diagram.

It is far more complicated than you think. Please do not try and do this yourself because you could damage your electrical system irreparably.

Best wishes
Jack

I am sorry but you are not going to be able to do this yourself.

Your car is too complicated with 5 coil on plug coils. The system you posted a video of works in a totally different way to " coil on plug"

Someone with a good understanding of how coil on plug systems work would struggle with what you are trying to do even if they had a full wiring diagram.

It is far more complicated than you think. Please do not try and do this yourself because you could damage your electrical system irreparably.

Best wishes
Jack
Well my friend, you managed to convince me... I really believe that you want to preserve and help me! Well, I'm going to give up on doing this in Marea, just because I'm going to buy a car back that was already mine, it's a Fiat Type.. and it only uses a bonina, I think it will be simpler and it already has the exhaust system worked on, At the time I invested a lot of money and only sold it to buy the Marea, which was always the car of my dreams! But I'm going to buy it back and do this service on it! I thank everyone who dedicated themselves to helping and I also apologize for a little ignorance on my part! A big hug to everyone here! And I hope one day I can help too! GOD BLESS US ALWAYS AND THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

Back