General Back Near Side Door Locked

Currently reading:
General Back Near Side Door Locked

HI ALL I HAVE JUST BOUGHT A 1.6 STILO 03 PLATE NOT YET 3 YEARS OLD,IT AS NO WARRANTY OR SERVICE HISTORY AND IS A CAT D (SOLD AS SEEN ) BET THERE'S A LOT OF YOU LAUGHING. WELL THERE ARE A FEW PROBLEMS BUT ONE THAT AS JUST HAPPEND IS THAT THE BACK REAR N/S DOOR WILL NOT OPEN FROM INSIDE OR OUT STARTED YESTERDAY THE BUTTON IS MOVEING UP AND DOWN WITH THE REMOTE LOCK FOB BUT LOOKS LIKE IT IS NOT COMING UP ENOUGH AND I CAN'T PULL IT UP ANY MORE, DOES THIS MEAN I HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE DOOR PANEL TO GET TO THE LOCK SOLANOID ( IS THIS AN EASY TASK? )AND WHAT DO I DO THEN? ANY HELP WILL BE GREATLY WELCOME (y)
MY OTHER PROB IS THE AIR BAG LIGHTS BUT WILL TELL MORE AFTER I HAVE SORTED THIS ONE

Looks like your caps lock is jammed as well as your door dead lock jammed maybe?:)
Do a search on dead locks and if it is then it will need door panel off

As it's a Cat D then I guess there's no crushing jamming of the door?

Air bag light is a popular feature on all cars these days:) again do a search as they're well covered here- let us know if you still have problems

Welcome to the forum- Probably better off with technical questions in Stilo-Technical by the way

Last edited:
Hi caps lock off that was easy thanks deckchair5 but i thought i had put it on tecnical. glad it was you that repleyed as have been reading a lot of your postings and you seem to be well cluded up on air bags.
i will look for dead locks now. do you think i should move it to tecnical?
THANKS

"do you think i should move it to technical?"

No as long as you're getting the replies you need then no problem. It might just get overlooked over here- that's all. I expect Stu will move it if it needs to be moved

Did the airbags go off on your CAT D or was it minor stuff?

Oddly enough I think I'm the only one that's never had an air bag light or a "wrong un" warning light on the dash

"BING- your time has come!" Shudder- stall:)

Deckchair5 said:
Oddly enough I think I'm the only one that's never had an air bag light or a "wrong un" warning light on the dash

Well if I'd ever stop messing with mine I could have said the same! :D

Hi Decks 5
No bags have not gone off. I have looked under the seat at the pulgs and cleand them but when i inspected them there is a metal strip that conects 2 pins together when plug is out of socket ie to keep a closed circuit so if it is still showing that there is a fault with the socket out of the plug in other words bypassed the seat do you think that the fault could be on some other part of the wireing? is the any circuit diagrams any where.?
Have looked up dead locks and how to open door from inside i will try and do this sunday then take panel off.
cheers

"Well if I'd ever stop messing with mine I could have said the same!"
Haa! You just can't can't leave things alone can you:)

Sorry can't help you much on the air bag lights as I've never had a problem with them. Do a search on here as there's a few other places to look for the cause. Can't really give advice on air bag system as it's dangerous stuff of course but bad connections have caused most of the problems that others have experienced.

Deckchair5 said:
"Well if I'd ever stop messing with mine I could have said the same!"
Haa! You just can't can't leave things alone can you:)

Too right, both my dealers keep telling me to stop playing around with the car, but hey, it's MINE!!!

Hence I never complain when I get things going wrong, although they hardly do if I'm honest; the only thing that went wrong on my Stilo was that the lock barell on the airbag deactivation switch was a tad too loose, so I took it off, but then had to move the car without the switch in . . . BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Put it all back together, turned it on and it had gone! :woot:

Ironically, all 3 of our Stilo's have never given us much trouble, and when they do (usually my Mum's) I'm the one whose driving it and sort it out; it doesn't bother me that much. Saying that, this power steering issue is a bit worrying . . .

Back