Technical Back door won't open, any ideas

Currently reading:
Technical Back door won't open, any ideas

Well - I eventually got it open without any damage to the door. I had to disassemble the lock in-situ in the rear door to do it. I could probably put it all back together, but tbh, I’d rather put a fresh lock mechanism on and be sure it’s all working ok. Where have people found best for parts? Looking at Shop4Parts - anyone have any experience with them?

Hi All
I have the same issue with my Panda Easy+.
There's been lots of helpful advice on here and after all my troubleshooting, I think I have the same problem as Panda 4x4 TA Antarctica.

So now I'm also attempting to disassemble the lock in-situ - I've managed to locate and remove one screw (see photo attached), but now I'm stumped.
Anyone who's managed to remove the lock with the door closed - can you offer any pointers please?

Thank you!

Attachments

• IMG_20210806_171009~2.jpg
    IMG_20210806_171009~2.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 67
Hi All
I have the same issue with my Panda Easy+.
There's been lots of helpful advice on here and after all my troubleshooting, I think I have the same problem as Panda 4x4 TA Antarctica.

So now I'm also attempting to disassemble the lock in-situ - I've managed to locate and remove one screw (see photo attached), but now I'm stumped.
Anyone who's managed to remove the lock with the door closed - can you offer any pointers please?

Thank you!
Same problem, read every forum, help site, even an Italian group but no definitive solution. Ended up using a hammer and long sharpened screwdriver to "dismantle" the lock insitu (Purchased a replacement lock first) From some of the posts here I think thats what Fiat dealers must do but not very carefully.

Same problem, read every forum, help site, even an Italian group but no definitive solution. Ended up using a hammer and long sharpened screwdriver to "dismantle" the lock insitu (Purchased a replacement lock first) From some of the posts here I think thats what Fiat dealers must do but not very carefully.
Yes, I had to do it on an Alfa 164 and there’s a million and one fixings on the door and door furniture, not enough room between seat n door and a plethora of knife like edges…had to ruin the panel to get it off and was ‘dainty’ with the cold chisels and ‘expendable’ long screwdrivers to avoid it needing a new door.
The second time it occurred I managed it with just needing a few clips and tha door top/window edge seal

I've not had this issue with the Panda yet but it is a recognised problem on the Golf 4. For these the electric motor (or solder joints specifically) fail on the remote locking system of the lock module leaving the door "deadlocked". I found it useful to obtain the spare part (for the Golf relatively cheap pattern parts available) and play around with it to understand the function of the various levers in the mechanism. With this knowledge you can identify what needs to be done (🛠️) On the Golf it required either 4 mm hole drilled in the door frame (under the door card) at an appropriate point to loosen a torx screw to release the deadlock lever, or an appropriately shaped wire coat hanger to hook the lever back.

Now, as I said, I've not done this for the Panda yet but arming yourself with some knowledge as to what does what might be a start? Having said that, in your photo, the mechanism seems to be, in the main, moulded plastic so I can see the temptation to go at it with a blunt instrument!

Back