General back box

Currently reading:
General back box

Marea20ValveTurbo

hi all i have a 98 Marea 2.0 20valve and wondered does anyone know what the diameter of the exhaust pipe is before it connects to the backbox as im looking to replacve backbox with something a little more sporty sounding, Thanks in advance

the back box hardly does any silencing, just put a straight pipe on.

ok cheers will have to look into that wheres the best place to go for reasonable prices

That really depends on where you are.
If you do fancy just putting a straight through pipe on to replace your back box. Any monkey with a welding kit and a bit of pipe the right size can knock it up in a few minutes for you.

well i have a welding kit of my own how would i go about it, you say a straight pipe do you mean just welding a piece of pipe to my existing middle pipe or one pipe straight through from manifold?

well i have a welding kit of my own how would i go about it, you say a straight pipe do you mean just welding a piece of pipe to my existing middle pipe or one pipe straight through from manifold?

NO not the manifold!!
You'll have an asbo in 5 minutes. :eek:
I've heard one with a break at the flexi pipe pre cat and It was too loud far too loud. But dropping the backbox on it's own should n't be anything like as bad. Should give the excellent burble of the engine a chance to be heard though.

Back