Technical Back box for panda 100bhp

Currently reading:
Technical Back box for panda 100bhp

Tmc1956

Hi chaps. My panda has a boy racer twin outlet exhaust back box which just makes too much noice for my liking. I am looking to replac. What’s my best bet. A original Fiat box, or one of the after market boxes. If after market, which box is best. Not looking for a boy racer type. Thanks.

I'd just fit a standard one for a 500 1.4 16v

anything with 100HP on it commands a premium. As far as I know there identical. I normally get mine from a local motor factor. I have three local. A bit of phoning around normally knocks the price to similar or less than ebay and the like.

if its loud have you checked the middle box hasn't been deleted by the previous owner. Seems to be a popular mod.
No it’s the back box for sure. It’s just too boy race. Ok for a bit, but after a time just gets on your nerves.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I think I am going to go with a stainless box, thanks anyway.
Stainless is good but be careful. The Panda/500 rear box has the inlet pipe running through to near the back wall of the box. The outlet pipe runs from near the front wall. Gasses have to make a zig zag so noise gets trapped inside the box. Low cost "universal" boxes have a perforated pipe that goes straight through with wadding wrapped around. This is fine for the middle box as it stops booming noises. The back box needs to be a bit more complicated.

Another issue is that Panda rear box has the inlet pipe at the top and outlet pipe is at the bottom. This keeps the pipe away from the axle and the exit below the bumper. Custom stainless will not be low cost but should be a fit & forget.

Back