Technical B1001 Fault - Airbag Control Unit

Currently reading:
Technical B1001 Fault - Airbag Control Unit

johnjo4567

I've just had my car MOTd and it failed due to the airbag warning light being permanently on. The fault code is B1001 Airbag Control Unit. I checked the code and it is "option configuration error"

Can anyone give me advice on getting this sorted. I have no option but to do it myself as I live in a remote area and there are no dealers or auto electricians around me who can fix it in the next couple of weeks.

I've just had my car MOTd and it failed due to the airbag warning light being permanently on. The fault code is B1001 Airbag Control Unit. I checked the code and it is "option configuration error"

Can anyone give me advice on getting this sorted. I have no option but to do it myself as I live in a remote area and there are no dealers or auto electricians around me who can fix it in the next couple of weeks.

Hi, this section is pretty quiet, :eek:

put the error code into the FF SEARCH , and you may fine more useful info,

Punto / Stilo sections would be favourite..,

Charlie - Oxford

I don't know about fixing the fault with the air bag, but you can get an LED the same colour from a fiat, and stick it in the hole...sticky tape over the one on the dash board.

You need a 12V to 5V voltage converter, a bit of strip board, a 555 timer, a relay, a NAND gate IC, a capacitor and some resistors.

The bits can be got on eBay or from maplins.

The light comes on for a couple of seconds then goes off.

I kind of wonder if it is legal or not.

The MOT specifies an air bag light on the dash but does it specify the circuits that makes it work?

This method does get the car through its MOT guaranteed.

Use it at your own risk.

I said sticky tape over the led on the dash... I ment on the circuit board.

I can make you one for £100.

You need to wire it to the ignition your self.

Its easy to wire in.

Back