B/M & iPhone

Currently reading:
B/M & iPhone

ryanM

Never really bothered trying to connect my phone to blue & me (I find it's a good excuse to ignore my phone!) - however, I was stuck in traffic the other day and got bored, so I had a go.

My phone found the car on the available devices - but wouldn't connect when I tried.

Any ideas? I've got an '07 100hp if that helps.

Never really bothered trying to connect my phone to blue & me (I find it's a good excuse to ignore my phone!) - however, I was stuck in traffic the other day and got bored, so I had a go.

My phone found the car on the available devices - but wouldn't connect when I tried.

'07 100bhp what?

Make sure you have the latest version (5.4 iirc) of B&M installed in your vehicle. The new version adds a lot of extra compatibility to the new smartphones. I installed it on my Grande Punto some time ago and it was a huge improvement. Although I no longer have an iPhone, it's still a smartphone, and this newer version fixed a lot of these connection problems.

Not to be funny but you got a manual with the car, read it!

Your not being funny ...... just plain rude
What is it with 500 owners and being whiney and outraged because someone tells you to read the manual?

Have you ever heard the saying "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, feed him for a lifetime"?

I give people fishing rods, not fish. Grow up for petes sake!

I'd imagine it's the same with the grande punto as the 500 but make sure you have the latest update (go on the fiat website and there are instructions about how to install).

Turn bluetooth on and then it will find Blue&Me you have to click that, enter the pin from the car etc. It only allows basic functionality which is calls and phonebook.

There is an adapter for about £70 for the iphone that lets you use the usb functionality aswell so you can play songs and charge aswell.

What is it with 500 owners and being whiney and outraged because someone tells you to read the manual?

Have you ever heard the saying "Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a man a fishing rod, feed him for a lifetime"?

I give people fishing rods, not fish. Grow up for petes sake!

I apologise I was under the impression this forum was set up for people to get help and advice from other Fiat owners, sometimes the manual can be hard to follow sometime there are issues which are not covered in the manual.

Perhaps the RyanM that that made the first posting thought he might come across someone who has had the same problem and they might post up and offer help.

"You got a manual, read it" is not very helpful.

Sorry Ryan to hijack your thread I hope someone contacts you that can actually help :)

Back