Retrofit later gen B&M Plug/Adapter

Currently reading:
Retrofit later gen B&M Plug/Adapter

Hi all,
I have been doing a little digging, and have found an adapter for iPhones/iPods for blue&me as well as a later gen Blue&Me OEM plug (Amazon product ASIN B07JC8DXYP). My questions being, does the adapter from Fiat allow for Spotify to be streamed to the Blue&Me system via cable from iPhone? And also, does the later gen B&M plug allow for a simple aux connection to be retrofitted to a system with the old, single USB plug? Apologies if the text is a bit vague, I'm not the most experienced when it comes to electronics. Car in question is a 2009 Grande Punto with B&M version 5.6.

I’m interested in an answer to your query.

I don’t know if my B&M module is working or not, I just stopped using it and assume it’s not… my mileage has only ever flashed when my battery gets low (I’m on my third batter now since 2008, is how I know).

One day I would like to replace the radio head with an aftermarket one, but I have absolutely no idea what I will need to do to avoid flashing odometers or other issues.

It would be a lot cheaper if I could just replace the USB plug thing in the center-console with one that has an AUX, but I suspect the actual radio would also need to have AUX input as a feature…
leading to the next question - can you replace the radio head unit and the USB/AUX plug bit from a later model, or are they all specific to their B&M module?

The older blue and me systems needed a special (very expensive) USB adaptor to be able to communicate with an iPhone or iPod. The newer system with the USB plug you’ve pictured did not need that adaptor, that said even with the updates to the later blue and me system there are still a lot of problems with phones not connecting properly via USB.

You cannot buy the later plug and add it to an older system. Even if the plug itself physically worked as a usb it would not have the software (or probably the other electronic gubbins) in your older blue and be box to be able to connect to the iPhone without that additional expensive adaptor.

Just to summarise even with the new blue and me system and the correct USB socket there is still a high likelihood that it wouldn’t work for streaming not because the system isn’t capable of doing it but because it’s so badly designed and glitchy most people find it doesn’t work.

Also it’s not possible to update blue and me systems now the website no longer works since they stopped supporting flash player last year.

Last edited:
Blueandme can still be updated......I have access still through several alternative ways and regularly supply the files required over a web transfer or for those that are not computer savvy or have access to USB slots and flash drives I send them out through posty on a flash drive just takes a little longer as first stage is to extract the current software level from the car then upload to the blueandme site to get the specific files for the individual car...once at V5.6 for gen1 modules or V10 for gen2 modules there are no further updates as no changes were mad after 2016 for blueme as the cars moved to UConnect.....

BYE

Hi all,
I have been doing a little digging, and have found an adapter for iPhones/iPods for blue&me as well as a later gen Blue&Me OEM plug (Amazon product ASIN B07JC8DXYP). My questions being, does the adapter from Fiat allow for Spotify to be streamed to the Blue&Me system via cable from iPhone? And also, does the later gen B&M plug allow for a simple aux connection to be retrofitted to a system with the old, single USB plug? Apologies if the text is a bit vague, I'm not the most experienced when it comes to electronics. Car in question is a 2009 Grande Punto with B&M version 5.6.
That is just the connector port it has nothing at all to do with Bluetooth or the operation of the system it will not allow you to stream music from your iphone with that

It is also a different connector behind so can't be retrofitted to a older car

Back