General Awaiting 500s delivery

Currently reading:
General Awaiting 500s delivery

Lawgrrl

Hey,

I ordered my first Fiat 500, an S on 7 May. I ordered it in Bossa Nova White and with the fog lights, fixed glass roof, and Interscope system as extras.

My order form states an estimated delivery date of 23 July. I wonder if that is a little optimistic. I contacted my dealer at the beginning of the week for an update, to see if that date was likely or not but was advised that the Fiat system was down so they were unable to check. I'm to call back this afternoon.

I'm wanting an idea as to whether it will likely be ready in July, I am conscious of the fact that Fiat close over August as well. I am looking to VT my current vehicle in July and want to give the finance company 30 days to organise collection etc, but would rather not either be left without a car or stuck with two to insure!

My dealer has checked the system this morning... I'm 9 weeks into a supposed 12 week wait for mine and its only just hit status 20 (built)... Think they may be spinning you a line...

It could be right, it could be rubbish, all depends if the dealer had a spare production slot or not. Just because two prime order identical cars on the same day doesn't mean that they will be built at the same time.

Wait and see what the dealer says as the dealer knows better than a person on a forum who doesn't even know how the system works.

My dealer today stated that Fiat had underestimated demand for the "S" and that 3 times as many orders had been placed than were expected. This led to fiat running out of certain parts needed for the S bodywork and that this has led to a backlog of orders... As 306maxi has pointed out the only person who will know for sure is the dealer, whether they choose to be honest about it is up to them... Also I'd heed his advice re production time, just because his was manufactured and delivered quickly doesn't mean that yours will be...

Hey,

I ordered my first Fiat 500, an S on 7 May. I ordered it in Bossa Nova White and with the fog lights, fixed glass roof, and Interscope system as extras.

My order form states an estimated delivery date of 23 July. I wonder if that is a little optimistic. I contacted my dealer at the beginning of the week for an update, to see if that date was likely or not but was advised that the Fiat system was down so they were unable to check. I'm to call back this afternoon.

I'm wanting an idea as to whether it will likely be ready in July, I am conscious of the fact that Fiat close over August as well. I am looking to VT my current vehicle in July and want to give the finance company 30 days to organise collection etc, but would rather not either be left without a car or stuck with two to insure!

As far as I know, only the factory shuts in August. A good chunk of the delivery time is the car coming from Poland by train, crossing the North Sea, then being checked at the port, transported to your dealer, who then (hopefully) checks it over and does some bits and bobs so it is ready for you.

If your order was placed on 7 May I think it is pretty unlikely that the car will still be in the factory in August, even though it may not get to you before their ETA of 23 July.

My dealer today stated that Fiat had underestimated demand for the "S" and that 3 times as many orders had been placed than were expected. This led to fiat running out of certain parts needed for the S bodywork and that this has led to a backlog of orders... As 306maxi has pointed out the only person who will know for sure is the dealer, whether they choose to be honest about it is up to them... Also I'd heed his advice re production time, just because his was manufactured and delivered quickly doesn't mean that yours will be...

You do know what heed means right?

I was merely saying that the build time that her dealer has quoted is plausible, remember that my car was made during scrappage, when the 500 was probably selling the best it ever was.

I'm sorry, but anything other than the ETA (which the dealer gets from Fiat) is just something that comes out of a dealers mouth, we had someone on her a while back saying that no new 500s' were going to be produced till the end of July due to an issue with manufacturing the door handles and a few other bits. This would appear to be complete BS.

Not to be rude and dismissive of a newbie, but I've been on here for rather a long time and have a bit more idea of what happens with the ordering process than yourself.

You do know what heed means right?

I was merely saying that the build time that her dealer has quoted is plausible, remember that my car was made during scrappage, when the 500 was probably selling the best it ever was.

I'm sorry, but anything other than the ETA (which the dealer gets from Fiat) is just something that comes out of a dealers mouth, we had someone on her a while back saying that no new 500s' were going to be produced till the end of July due to an issue with manufacturing the door handles and a few other bits. This would appear to be complete BS.

Not to be rude and dismissive of a newbie, but I've been on here for rather a long time and have a bit more idea of what happens with the ordering process than yourself.

I don't think you are aware (and if you are please try and be nice) but you are rude and dismissive. Grammar/spelling/punctuation don't really have much to do with the topic being discussed however you seem to feel the need to point it out often... Perhaps men in glass houses shouldn't throw stones particularly when you made a spelling mistake in your last post.

As far as I'm aware this forum is for people to exchange ideas and opinions. You do so in a way that belittles anyone else and I for one find you completely offensive and unapproachable. That said I wish you no ill feeling but I'd rather not speak with you in future.

I ordered a lounge on the 6th June, hoping for a delivery estimate in 2 weeks :) Personally not bothered on time as long as the dealer doesn't lie to me :)

I don't think you are aware (and if you are please try and be nice) but you are rude and dismissive. Grammar/spelling/punctuation don't really have much to do with the topic being discussed however you seem to feel the need to point it out often... Perhaps men in glass houses shouldn't throw stones particularly when you made a spelling mistake in your last post.

As far as I'm aware this forum is for people to exchange ideas and opinions. You do so in a way that belittles anyone else and I for one find you completely offensive and unapproachable. That said I wish you no ill feeling but I'd rather not speak with you in future.

I'm well aware that some people (those who want to be cuddled and reassured all through the 500 ownership process it would seem) might feel that I'm rude and/or dismissive. I care not, I've got a stinky hormonal dog (she's on heat at the moment) who I am being nice to at the moment so all my good will is used up on her because she actually needs, deserves and appreciates it :)

I wasn't accusing you of making a spelling mistake, I was saying that you didn't understand the meaning of a word, more of a comprehension issue if anything.

There is no discernible logic to 500 delivery times. A friend ordered their car (same model) a week before me, at the same dealership, & got the car three weeks after mine was delivered.

Lol this is like sifting through wreckage :p

I called the dealer a few hours ago and was advised that the completion date for the build is the last week in June. He explained that delivery to the dealer can be up to 28 days so at the moment it is looking like the end of July at the earliest. He did explain that things can move much quicker than that after build and he will let me know if anything changes mid-July.

I'm not panicking or being impatient about it, nor am I going to hound the garage - that's only the third time I have called since I ordered (the other two were to add things!). I just wanted an idea of when I can contact my finance company to come and get my current car.

I actually start a new job in two weeks time and it's about a 10 minute walk from my house, as opposed to 25 miles like my current job, so I might just contact them at the end of this month and arrange for them to collect it. It won't be a struggle without a car for a few weeks now anyway. I can always borrow my mum's car if I really need one but I should be locked in my room revising at the moment anyway!

Thanks for your advice, guys (y)

I'm well aware that some people (those who want to be cuddled and reassured all through the 500 ownership process it would seem) might feel that I'm rude and/or dismissive. I care not, I've got a stinky hormonal dog (she's on heat at the moment) who I am being nice to at the moment so all my good will is used up on her because she actually needs, deserves and appreciates it :)

I wasn't accusing you of making a spelling mistake, I was saying that you didn't understand the meaning of a word, more of a comprehension issue if anything.

Haha what breed is she? I have a male smooth coat chihuahua who keeps humping my mum's male dog. Just incase you need a stud :p

Haha what breed is she? I have a male smooth coat chihuahua who keeps humping my mum's male dog. Just incase you need a stud :p

Your mum hasn't got a Great Dane by any chance? 'Tis an amusing thought :)

Your mum hasn't got a Great Dane by any chance? 'Tis an amusing thought :)

Lol afraid not, that would be quite funny. She has a Yorkshire Terrier but he is on the big size for a Yorkie really. He is massively bigger than Taco (the Mexican one) though.

Dashuahua?

Back