Technical Auxiliary Heater removal?

Currently reading:
Technical Auxiliary Heater removal?

raymie

Is it possible to have my auxiliary heater removed, repaired or just disconnected. The unit is still running even after a long motorway journey or a short trip around town, in other words it is on constantly. After some research i have come to the conclusion that this must be my extremely poor mpg figure considering that this thing consumes diesel to run. Any ideas anyone? If i can get this one fixed it might give me heart to tackle the mountain of other problems!

Raymie.

If my memory serves me correctly I think there is a plug in connector on the unit, Try and disconnect that and see if MPG improves, I did point to that back in November if you remember. I have disconnected mine and no ill effects. T

If my memory serves me correctly I think there is a plug in connector on the unit, Try and disconnect that and see if MPG improves, I did point to that back in November if you remember. I have disconnected mine and no ill effects. T

It wasnt until i fully understood what the heater did that i had a look at it a couple of days ago and unplugged it. The difference in fuel consumption? Now its around 36mpg on a run, from a previous 22mpg. much better! Think i will just remove it and fit it on the boat, looks like the same unit the marine trade use.

Raymie.

Back