Automatic transmission and engine swap manual to auto

Currently reading:
Automatic transmission and engine swap manual to auto

Finbar007

Hi everyone I have a fiat Ducati camper 1.9 petrol manual engine and gear box I bought last yr unfortunately was diagnosed with spinal cancer and rushed into hospital during the operation to fill my t5 with cement it disabled my legs leaving me paralyzed I'm looking from info regards swapping the engine and ¹gearbox if possible any one help please currently has 1.9 petrol cheers phil

Hi everyone I have a fiat Ducati camper 1.9 petrol manual engine and gear box I bought last yr unfortunately was diagnosed with spinal cancer and rushed into hospital during the operation to fill my t5 with cement it disabled my legs leaving me paralyzed I'm looking from info regards swapping the engine and ¹gearbox if possible any one help please currently has 1.9 petrol cheers phil
Hi Phil.

Depending on the age of your Ducato

Its either a big job..or a really big job

CANBUS wiring would make it doubly complex

A route MIGHT be .. getting the running gear from the Ulysee van/ people carrier.. as thats the most likely vehicle of a similar era AND auto.

Charlie

I drive Merc automatic vans with 8 speed gearboxes. Frankly not impressed with the robotised manuals as they seem to cook the clutch. Hill starts can also be nasty. Hill holding function is supposed to stop it rolling backwards, but if you use the handbrake, the engine wont make any power so you roll back anyway. It's pretty hard to get from brake to accelerator fast enough to not roll back, then you spin the wheels and still roll back. Not good.

A torque converter type (with lock-up) would be a better option. However, I think you would need so many parts along with engine and gearbox that selling your vehicle and replacing with an automatic would be a better option.

Back