Stanford Hall
Sunday, June 3, 2012 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, June 3, 2012 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
Bluemu all filled up with diesel - £105 :eek:

Think thats normal for a van these days i'm afraid. Certainly costs that much to fill mine anyway.. fuel is well expensive these days, i remember way back when i got my first cento it was just under £30 to fill up, costs about £45-50 now (high octane only in the turbo, no idea how much for normal fuel).

think thats normal for a van these days i'm afraid. Certainly costs that much to fill mine anyway.. Fuel is well expensive these days, i remember way back when i got my first cento it was just under £30 to fill up, costs about £45-50 now (high octane only in the turbo, no idea how much for normal fuel).

£39.89 :)

Just about to go and sort a few things out and then head through to Blu's :slayer:
I think maybe I'm a jinx for this event though, 'cos the last time I went (2009) it was raining too :eek:

Last edited:
Hi, looking forward to this event tomorrow. This will be my first Fiat event so just wanted to make sure i had done everything. Completed event registration, clicked the add link and given the Panda a wash :). Anything else i need to do? Also do i just look for the Fiat Forum banner to find the stand?

Cheers David

Well that was a wash out :(

The attendance wasn't at all bad, I counted 23/24 badges left out of 94 attending at the top of this page.

The weather itself is quite frankly horrible, my shoes/feet/toes were saturated within 15 minutes.

On the plus side, some really nice cars at the show and myself, Rigby and ysidfa followed out the Alfa 8C as it blasted round the forest roads on the way out :D

It was nice to put names to faces and to realise that without the moderating team it wouldn't have been at all possible, thank you for the effort put into the entire day.

Shame it wasn't a week earlier :D

All I can say is thank Fiat for footwell heaters! 105 miles home though and my shoes and socks are still soggy :(

Wet events like this though I find are much more sociable, everyone gathers in the marque and drinks tea and talks about all the stuff they've done and are planning to do, sure walking around looking at some exotic metal is great (and there was some lovely cars there, I loved the fact that someone turned up in Jezza's Alfa from the Top Gear challenge back in 2008, complete with gearbox whine!) but the other point of these shows is to get us out from behind these computer screens and meeting new people, as Rawb says - great to put faces to names, and despite the water there was still an excellent turnout!

Might have to start a thread for "Sketchy standing water", a couple of clenched moments I can tell you!!! :eek:

Overall a good day out today despite the rain. A good convoy down with ysidfa, David and Krysten. As Rawb said, the highlight was leaving behind the 8C, a car you never normally see on the road, the noise was just spine tingling.:yum: O and also Tom losing his flag on the A14.:ROFLMAO:. Getting in for free was also a bonus.:D

have to say sorry for not turning up...was planned to bring the punto down but as many of you know by now its being stripped for parts and so no longer a FIAT owner...didnt fancy bringing the astra down the an italian car show tbh...although i wish i did as would of been a good day out to see everyone again :)

Well, that wasn't the best weather we've ever had - WOW - I went through 6 pairs of socks - and a MASSIVE thank you to the chap who bought me some more from Tesco, what was your username again? :)

Thank you to everyone who showed up, despite the cold, I think we had a really nice turn out considering - and the amount of chatter going on inside the marquee more than made up for the weather - the burgers probably helped a bit too :)

As always, we'd love to hear your feedback - be it positive or negative - and if you have any ideas for the next show (Mitcar in August) we'd be happy to try and oblige.

Hope you all enjoyed yourselves and see you all again soon (y)

Gallery up here > https://www.fiatforum.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=3321

And a special big thank you to the guys who stayed at the end and helped us put everything away, even though it seemed the heavens had opened up even further (could it have been possible?!!?)

Couldn't do it without you all!

Might have to start a thread for "Sketchy standing water", a couple of clenched moments I can tell you!!! :eek:

I saw 2 crashes on the way home.. Both on the M18 (southbound carriageway). Clearly people just hitting puddles and spinning, saw one with police on scene followed by huge traffic jam and then about a mile after the end of the queue someone else had span off up the verge.
I certainly had a few squiffy moments on the way home as well.

Great to meet people, sorry i didn't speak to anyone, that was far too early a morning for me after a night drinking, I'm just about ready for bed now, in my PJ's and slippers (y).. Will defo be coming next year and will be staying somewhere nearby instead of getting up at silly o'clock me thinks.

Well that was a wash out :(

I was ok in my bright waterproofs :nerner:
DSC00282.JPG

DSC00283.JPG

DSC00285.JPG

DSC00294.JPG

7329072760_bc80198967_o.jpg

Thanks guys for a good day despite the weather.

Thanks Andy for cooking me a burger needless to say I was froze.

Well done to Ben for your hard work today and you never seemed to stop.
I'm pleased tbh I didn't bring my car she wouldn't have been clean and it would have annoyed me.

All hail to thanking fiat for 500 comfy seats and heaters

Ta

Jodie

I saw 2 crashes on the way home.. Both on the M18 (southbound carriageway). Clearly people just hitting puddles and spinning, saw one with police on scene followed by huge traffic jam and then about a mile after the end of the queue someone else had span off up the verge.
I certainly had a few squiffy moments on the way home as well.

Great to meet people, sorry i didn't speak to anyone, that was far too early a morning for me after a night drinking, I'm just about ready for bed now, in my PJ's and slippers (y).. Will defo be coming next year and will be staying somewhere nearby instead of getting up at silly o'clock me thinks.

must have got them cleared up quick saw the Megane with the HATO's but nothing else bar the morrisons petrol tanker having its wheel changed

Must say im really impressed with the Goodyear eco tyres on the evo didnt have any trouble at all

although i did slow for one patch on the m18 m62 spur heading towards goole

Back