Posted by sammiboo
Heritage Motor Centre, Gaydon, Warwickshire
Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 01:00 AM
Until: Sunday, September 24, 2006 - 04:00 AM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
I have a few minor points to make, but I suppose without admitting defeat we should be grateful there is a magazine covering the Italian market. But this is no reason not to expect a little more.

Firstly I feel the ground staff at the events are a little uninformed apart from the main organisers. We booked a ClubFirePower stand (not a big club at present I know), we asked where it was, got a blank look and got told to park on the grass, which was promptly swamped by Fiat Coupes, so we found our own spot.

I feel entry is high at some venues for what it really is! Baring in mind entry to something as large as the national motor show is barely over ten pounds. Please do not get me wrong I am not a cheapskate and am happy to pay if I feel it is justified. You can say look round the hertiage motor centre or brooklands museum etc. but I have been to both several times. Perhaps make a set price for the general public and a subsidised rate for Italian car owners?? This would also encourage the turn out further.

As for the magazine itself, the Italian car market is such a diverse scene, I think the features themselves are fair in the distribution, although I like the idea of a monthly feature such as.....show us your car. Maybe cars lower down in the price range, younger drivers, restoration projects. I'm not talking about another Middle Barton Garage huse budget chuck cash at it kind of thing. But younger drivers on a budget, trying to maintain their cars to a standard. This would not take much room, but I feel would be a token effort.

Just some thoughts and ideas as suggested and don't get me wrong it is nice Autoitalia exists, but always room for improvement!

My major complaint about the events is that for me its a major grind for me to get the info I need.

I email phil and its obvious he hasnt read my email, replies with something totally random, then am back at square one.

I specifically asked for a Map - I didnt get given one.

I asked Phil at gaydon why didnt you send me a map like I asked. He reply was "well you were supposed to be on the grass so its irrelevant now"

Thats not what I wanted to hear and what kind of an excuse is that?

The point was, wether it was relevant or not - we didnt get a map of where we were supposed to park.

Also I felt an idiot when lots of people on this forum was asking me what these club cards were that we needed to get in. With the very little I get told anyway, needing a "club membership" was not mentioned once.

As I said, a lot of the members didnt think they were going to get in, and the attitude of the people on the gates were something to be desired.

Overall we thoroughly enjoy these events, but as you can see by what Ive said, things need improving in areas.

I have discussed the lack of information and help we are given regarding these events with other forums and club event organisers and they tell me they dont even contact AI anymore as in thier words "they are a waste of time and you never get anywhere, so we just turn up". hmmmm .

Last edited:
that last line sums it up, ok,they are interested in older fiats but not really post 80s. to be fair to AI, there are far too many fiat clubs to offer stand space to, after all the lancias and alfas always seem happy to park with each other. maybe, all the various fiat clubs could and should just get on with one another? its the same in the Jap car scene though, all the magazines and shows are geared up towards the higher end of the market and the rest hardly get a mention. for example AI have never done a feature on two of Fiats most succesful cars, the 126 and the Panda, however look at how many alfa 156 features there have been!

dave said:
we never had a problem with being parked next to other clubs, but they was putting joe publics cars on the stands

It was getting quite mad at about 10:00 am on as we were trying to get clubcento parked up together they just sent us down "turn right at the end mate" right into a dead end not a care in the world on there part "clubcento" just got mixed in all over the place not that I mind anyway.

I love all italian cars and got parked next to a very nice 4x4 panda that I would of loved to have taken home with me (y)

I had noticed also some none Italian cars had been sent down as well :cry: as much as I like the look's of a good lotus someone at the gate did not know what it was a case of "oh it looks right" send it down :bang:

Back