General Asfalt!!

Currently reading:
General Asfalt!!

Andreas82

Hi! Rubber and asfalt ends up on my rear window.. pretty much the whole rear of the car.
What do i do?

Sorry. I will refrase. Can I prevent it somehow. Bigger mudflaps? Any ideas?
Hi Andreas

Obviously dirt and Tar are not directly travelling from wheels to rear window

The Dirt is suspended in a 'Mist' that swirls around the rear of the car... depositing mainly Water.. which is Very visible ..as the water Dries / Evaporates it leaves the dirt and Tar

Actions:
I dont know your age.. but I owned a FIAT Tempra StationWagon ( think Peugeot 405. Same designer....)

It had an Aerofoil rear spoiler that meant 'Nothing' was deposited on the rear window ( it was an advertised feature )

As others have said.. adding
a 'Non-Stick Coating' will help with Cleaning.. but ideally you want to prevent the dirt

In the UK most of our 'Sprayed Mist' is from trucks and vans.. so adding to a 500's mudflaps would have limited effect

Maybe see if the Abarth 500 has a rear spoiler that has a better effect ( like my old Tempra S.W. )

Charlie

Last edited:
Sorry. I will refrase. Can I prevent it somehow. Bigger mudflaps? Any ideas?
Unfortunately it's down to the way the air flows around the rear of the car, and mudflaps won't help much, if at all.

The comment on last stage preparation is worth noting; using the right products once the car is clean will help prevent what's deposited from sticking to the paintwork & glass. This will make it much easier to keep clean in future.

Back