Are they gonna fix the 360 reliabilty issues?

Currently reading:
Are they gonna fix the 360 reliabilty issues?

Heard a few rumours that they were gonna rework the cooling system and/or mother board in the not too distant furture to eliminate some of the biggest faults the 360 has been suffering from.

Is this true? Is it worth waiting before getting one? I know you get a 3 year warrenty but the truth is I dont want to have to be sending it off at all.

the key word here is microsoft.

they have always had a policy of end user testing, the 360 was no exception. why test something yourself when you can let paying customers do that for you?

their other policy is to release new products before fixing old ones, so the idea that the 360's faults will be fixed goes against microsoft's culture.

saying that, the 360 problems have cost microsoft a lot of money so maybe they have finally seen the error of their ways (yeah right :ROFLMAO:)

Last edited:
ive posted on this a few times and even did a seperate thread if you had looked back a bit.
the 360 has had internal revisions(as all consoles do)
the big problem was overheating due to poor heatsink fitting.
the newer motherboards go some way to addressing this and so far failure rates are much much lower.
make sure your new 360 has HDMI to get a newer chipset
still to come into effect are the newer thinner CPU's which will run cooler again

old 360's have well documented problems however its not all(mine is well over 1 year old)so i think for M$ its easier to just repair/replace as they go than do a full blown recall

ive posted on this a few times and even did a seperate thread if you had looked back a bit.
the 360 has had internal revisions(as all consoles do)
the big problem was overheating due to poor heatsink fitting.
the newer motherboards go some way to addressing this and so far failure rates are much much lower.
make sure your new 360 has HDMI to get a newer chipset
still to come into effect are the newer thinner CPU's which will run cooler again

old 360's have well documented problems however its not all(mine is well over 1 year old)so i think for M$ its easier to just repair/replace as they go than do a full blown recall

Are the ones with the newer motherboards and HDMI out now? As in normal premium packages, not the Elite?

Back