General anyone please help

Currently reading:
General anyone please help

simontyler

i need information i am having probs with my 1.8 marea weekend s reg started with the bettery going flat so i took it to my local garag who first sold me a new battery but it did not work but still the battery went flat so back again check it and said that there is something draining the power found out that it was the service fuse 15amp when he took this out the dash whent off as before the petrol and temp and mileomiter stayd on so he chang the sensor but this did not work then he got a dash but this not work still the petrol and temp and the miles say on but every now and then when i turn the car off they go down and it looks ok then they jump back to life the man at the garag says to keep pulling the fuse out as it sounds like it may be alot of money so i have been doing this but when i put the fuse back in the mile meter comes up ffffff and then llllll then its back to morm can anyone tell me what this means and any help with this prob thanks :worship: :worship:

Last edited:
i when i put the fuse back in the mile meter comes up ffffff and then llllll then its back to morm
ehh? - the digital reader displays letters? Thought S reg didnt have digital display?

Ok so has the alternator been checked? Should read 14V accross battery when engine runnig.

Sounds to me like there's a problem with the clocks, cheapest way would be to get a new set from a scrap yard 1.8, and fit them, dont worry about milage etc, but record what it was etc, and is on your new clocks. othere than that if removing the fuse fixes the problem then you could put in a switch instead of removing the fuse, but this would be until you get new clocks as obviously somethings not right.

You could pay an autoelectrician to come out, they'd advise new clocks £400ish for FIAT.

Also exactly what work did the garage carry out? Whhat sensors etc were changed and why?

There was someone with a similar problem this yr a search sould reveal further info.

Last edited:
tha garage said that the curcit was staying connected after i turnd the egnition off wich keeps the curcit conected so he said he changed the sennsor wich did not work so he got a secound hand dassh and put that in but it was still doing it first should the millometer and petrol gage go off when you take the key out and if i just keep taking the fuses out and in again is this ok i mean i with the fffff and the llllll being desplaid its not going to blow up on me lol :D

where the millage is displyed the littel screen and the trip part as well

sorry got norm rrp and speedo and temp just the trip clock and the miles are in digital

could u help with what the fffffffffffff and then the llllllllllll and all is ok after they come up once each then back to norm is it just that i need new diels

Back