General Anyone ordered recently?

Currently reading:
General Anyone ordered recently?

Ive already ordered and I'm on the scrapage wagon chris123 but if the 500 takes over 4 months to arrive i'll loose my right to the £2k and end up being stuck with my old snotter cos I cant afford to make up the 2k difference. I like the idea of reapplying for the scrapage to make sure though maxi. cheers

Rather than get stuck with your old car, you could ask your dealer to see what's in stock nationally. My 500 was bought off the showroom floor, which was particularly useful as it was easy to give it a good examination under decent lights. You may not get exactly the right spec, but it could be a better alternative than missing out on scrappage altogether

Didn't think of that! I'll call him tommorow and see if they can find me a yellow lounge... Scotland here we come:D

Bad news for me I'm afraid,

ordered mine on 12th july (1.2 lounge) wasn't even guarenteed that it would arrive for the new 59 plate and what was originally early september turned to late september when I called 3 weeks later and after 2 weeks of battling with the fiat head office and my dealer I eventually got called back today and my car is expected mid to late November. Does anyone else find this crazy? it does mean that I may not be eligible for scrappage. I honestly am at the end of my patience if i had been called back straight away I dont think I would have been as bothered but I feel that both Fiat head office and my dealer have avoided the truth.

to be quite honest i could go into any other car manufacturer and get a car before that delivery date!

what would you do?

ordered mine on 12th july (1.2 lounge) wasn't even guarenteed that it would arrive for the new 59 plate and what was originally early september turned to late september when I called 3 weeks later and after 2 weeks of battling with the fiat head office and my dealer I eventually got called back today and my car is expected mid to late November. Does anyone else find this crazy? it does mean that I may not be eligible for scrappage. I honestly am at the end of my patience if i had been called back straight away I dont think I would have been as bothered but I feel that both Fiat head office and my dealer have avoided the truth.

to be quite honest i could go into any other car manufacturer and get a car before that delivery date!

what would you do?

Hi

Ask them to re-apply for the scrappage scheme, there is still money in the pot and it will guarantee that you will be with-in the 4 months. I got told yesterday that my date has been brought forward, will treat it with caution though!!!

Cheers
Robin

what would you do?
Not really crazy. The 500 is a popular car and it takes from 3-4 months from order to delivery. As Minty moo said, reapply for scrappage and your scrappage will be guaranteed.

what would you do?

I know what you mean i cannot get a straight answer from my dealer about delivery he seems very reluctant to reapply for scrappage and tells me not to worry but i can't help it as i can't afford to find an extra £2000 as i am paying cash and don't want to take out any finance. He says if the worse comes to the worse he'll be able to sell the car ok but it's not him i was worried about of course someone else will want the car but i will have waited 4 to 5 months for nothing......

Its just a bit rubbish to go from them saying 6-8 weeks at the end of June when I was originally interested and now I'll be waiting 5 months. It is I'm afraid made worse by stupid dealers and un-interested customer services.

also i'd advise people that havent heard at all from your dealer to call as the term no news is good news doesnt apply here

Its just a bit rubbish to go from them saying 6-8 weeks at the end of June when I was originally interested and now I'll be waiting 5 months. It is I'm afraid made worse by stupid dealers and un-interested customer services.

also i'd advise people that havent heard at all from your dealer to call as the term no news is good news doesnt apply here
It goes from the date of order sadly and not the date you went in and were interested. 6-8 weeks is a joke, it would never have got to you that quickly though....

Yes, I know. They're a bit out the way though, so will have to wait and see.

Amazing that it arrived the same day we rang fiat CS though.... :rolleyes:
That'll be a coincidence. IF CS were to do anything about it it'd take them at least a day to get the car out to the dealer.

Point is, did it really arrive?

I don't like getting annoyed at the dealer, because the car not arriving is (probably!) not their fault at the end of the day. I do sometimes wish they'd just say "Alright, there's been a delay/problem with your car, it's now looking like a delivery date of XXXXX at earliest", rather than stringing it along. But, overall, meh.

Point is, did it really arrive?

I don't like getting annoyed at the dealer, because the car not arriving is (probably!) not their fault at the end of the day. I do sometimes wish they'd just say "Alright, there's been a delay/problem with your car, it's now looking like a delivery date of XXXXX at earliest", rather than stringing it along. But, overall, meh.
Perhaps you should actually ask them if you can see the car? Anything else is just speculation.......

We ordered a 500C on 17th July and were advised that our delivery date would be early October. I've checked with the dealer today (030909) and the projected date for arrival in the UK is now 28th September. i suppose we just await domestic delivery and PDI after that. I really do look forward to taking this little jewel home!

Just checked status with dealer as i was worried that delivery would go over the 4 month deadline for scrappage and my car is built status 30 (in-transit) 30 : At dock waiting to get on a boat estimated arrival in 28th sept 2009 so must be on the same boat (y)

What I would do is get the dealer to reappy for it in October :)

Sorry if I'm being stupid... but my old car is off the road waiting to be scrapped. I ordered my 500 on 22 August and was told it should be delivered by the end of the year. I was told that they would apply for scrappage when I had owned the car for a year (which was 12 September) and that it would be guaranteed then. Why would you have to reapply?

Sorry if I'm being stupid... but my old car is off the road waiting to be scrapped. I ordered my 500 on 22 August and was told it should be delivered by the end of the year. I was told that they would apply for scrappage when I had owned the car for a year (which was 12 September) and that it would be guaranteed then. Why would you have to reapply?
Because the car MUST be delivered within 4 months of the order date or you will not get any money.

Back