General anyone had their panda lowered?

Currently reading:
General anyone had their panda lowered?

Yeah, i'm curious too.
I saw a Novitec lowering set for €109.95,- I guess that's around 75 pounds.
But I am a little scared that i will hit every speedbump.

My friend drives a BMW 325 E36 Coupe and he hits the ground on every speedbump unless he goes up on the right and down on the left..

And what if somthing goes wrong with your suspention. I have 4 years of guarantee.

So i'll think i will wait for some time.

My friend drives a BMW 325 E36 Coupe and he hits the ground on every speedbump unless he goes up on the right and down on the left..

That'll be slammed not lowered!

Any reputable kit won't lower it that much.

We ordered a KW coil-over set for our 100HP. Should be fitted in a week or 3. Will report offcourse...(y)

Yes please do, I may be interested in a set as the rear looks too high to me. But wouldn't having less travel make the ride even more jittery? Look forward to your report Carlo!

MED.

Yes please do, I may be interested in a set as the rear looks too high to me. But wouldn't having less travel make the ride even more jittery? Look forward to your report Carlo!

MED.
not necessarily with coilovers. however, i was looking at taking the cheap option with just springs, which often does make things more juddery. that said, eibach were supposed to be working on some spring to cure the pogo bounce of the panda.

Hi guys, the KW-coilovers are not installed yet, they are in de trunk and will hopefully be fitted at the end of next week.

The reason why I went for the KW coilovers is that my I had them on my Punto HGT too and that was very nice. A friend of mine had just springs on a HGT and when we swapped the rides for half an hour we both agreed that mine was more comfi.

Another reason is that the looks of the car are very importent for me. It has to stand perfectly on its wheels and with just springs its just hoping its good. With coilovers you can put it however you want it. Ofcourse, I understand that the money is an isue too, but if you can afford is I would certainly do it, never regretted it.

Sorry for the not so good English, don't speak it all day in Holland, :D

Keep you posted!

Is there a new kit for the 100HP, or is it the one for the panda range? I assume we are talking for the variant 1,correct??

Please do keep us posted..

The reason for the bouncy effect on the Panda 100HP is because the springs are to hard and not enough damper!

Lowering your car with up rated spring’s wont necessary make the ride even more bouncy because lowering springs just have fewer coils so they are effectively shorter when compressed so in theory lowering you car with certain springs can improve handling a lot due to lower sense of gravity but also make the ride softer and less bouncy!

Cheers

er, not really - you say the bounce is due to too hard a spring so if you put uprated springs in it isn't going to fix it.
i dont think the springs are too hard, just too long. it uses too much spring and not enough damper. i might just take a hacksaw to the springs. lol

One possible help would be to use adjustable shockers, must admit I haven't looked to see if they are available for the Panda though.

If you wind up adjustable shocks, the ride will obviously become a little less forgiving as well.

Have been reading the EVO magazine reviews from their website. They mention that a company called Cobra were going to make them some springs up for their 100hp Panda, not sure if they have had them fitted yet and what they are like??

Here's a pic done on Adobe Photoshop..

Lowered1.jpg

Last edited:
i have novitec on my diesel and it fits perfektly with my 16" infront! but could be lower at the back! will transforme your cars handling! low profile tires and a lowering! nice.. not so mutch comfort!

Well, the new year starts good; 2 January the KW-coilovers are finally going to be fitted. Didn't had time for it but next week it will be picture-time!!!:cool:

Well, my Panda is lowered today! I LOVE IT! Most poeple probably don't believe it but the ride is almost more comfy then before. Have driven just about 30 miles with a couple of speedbumps and have problems nowere. Will report in a couple of days when I have driven a bit more. For now: pictures!

20080102a.jpg

20080102b.jpg

20080102c.jpg

20080102d.jpg

20080102e.jpg

20080102f.jpg

20080102g.jpg

20080102h.jpg

Back