General anyone had their panda lowered?

Currently reading:
General anyone had their panda lowered?

Hmmmm looks very good.. maybe a little to low at the front??

Any rubbing?
And as we are all dying to know.. Hows the ride.??? Come on..! tell tell.!

Again. it looks very good.. well done.

MED.

Carlo, that is a car that looks absolutely awesome! Well done.

The ride height looks so much better now the car has been lowered - I bet it handles like a little go kart now.

It is a variant 1, the only option for the Panda.

It drives like a comfortable kart to be honest. The car handles much better and you go horizontal through the corners instead of at 45 degrees. Superb!!!

We have no rubbing. Only the Ragazon-silincer has the be put a little higher in de middle, it is to short above the rear-axle. Space enough, would be next week I think.

The ride isn't really harder. At motorways it's more comfortable. No, not soft but you can feel the springs and dampers are more in balance with eachother than the original ones. When I drove over a speedbump I got a 'bang' in my back, don't know how to discribe it but it is all over now. When I drive of a speedbump it's steady, very nice. Short bumps at bad roads are just as bad as before, not worser!!!

When the Ragazzon has been put higher i''ll test how it goes with 3 or 4 persons.

Doesn' look like it's affected the camber either which is a good sign.

Only heard of KW a few days ago, but am quite keen on doing something about the handling of my MJT so it will be great if somebody else can be a guinea pig. What I don't want, however, is for it to be as low as a 100hp as my rapidly ageing bones won't take the shocks. Also, it'll need new tyres shortly & I'm thinking of going up a size to 175's but hope to keep the 5J alloys it came from the factory with. Not entirely sure whether the bigger tyres will be ok on these rims. Any suggestions?

Don't be soft, I said it doesn't look like it has and it doesn't.

It might be a tiny bit off standard but nothing to cause any concern unlike many lowered cars where a blind man could tell from a hundred yards away as it looks like the axles have broken.

Don't be soft, I said it doesn't look like it has and it doesn't.

It might be a tiny bit off standard but nothing to cause any concern unlike many lowered cars where a blind man could tell from a hundred yards away as it looks like the axles have broken.

I'm not being soft Ian, I understand car geometry, I used to setup elises/exige etc for racing and trackwork.

One thing i have learnt is that you simply cannot tell by looking at the car, once you get the alignment gear on it just about always tells a different story. Also every car i have changed the springs on has seriously affected the geo. So it is fundamentally important that a 4 wheel alignment is done after changing suspension components. Also lowering the car just about always affects the toe angles (obviously only an issue on the front on the panda).

I'm not disagreeing about it being important to get the alignment done, just from the pics it LOOKS OK whereas a lot of lowered cars look knock kneed after lowering and alignment because there is not enough/no adjustment available.

OK?

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the compliments on the Panda (and the Punto). The wheels are a very little bit negative, because I asked, a full 4 wheel alignment is done.

I understand what you mean B1g1an, sometimes cars look if they are really slamned through there axles. The camber of the Panda-KW-coiloverset is adjustable, really great!

I love the ride, it is really more comfortable on long trips! And it steers a lot better because there is al lot less bodyroll!!

Using these on my MJT should at least get rid of my feelings of sea-sickness. The wife's Stilo is in the bodyshop after a mini-bus tried to reverse over it & I've been using a Micra courtesy car for the last couple of weeks. It's interesting to note the differences. The ride seems much better damped than my MJT and a lot quieter than her Stilo (1.4) but you do feel the bumps a lot more than in the Panda. Where there is a big difference is the Micra seems to be a lot better at taking bends as it enters at a much flatter angle. But, there is no warning that it is about to wash out and run wide, whereas the little FIAT starts to rumble as a warning that it's moving into understeer but ultimately has more grip, even with its smaller tyres, (165/65R14s as opposed to the Micra's 175/65R15s) even though the Panda's done 30K miles on its Contis whereas the Nissan has only done 3K on its same model of rubber.

One thing you should keep in mind: the rear of the Panda on the pictures is in the HIGHEST position. Not that I hit anything but if you don't like the looks you would certainly not get this set. I really love it and would never do without one on my Panda but is is something to think of!

Back