Technical Any tips on keyless entry locking

Currently reading:
Technical Any tips on keyless entry locking

wingy999

Hi
My keyless entry seems to play up when im leaving the car and trying to lock it.
it takes several presses of the button on the door handle and sometimes i just resort to the key.
the passive entry works fine when approaching the car its just locking it.

anyone else having this problem or is there something im missing.

loving the car but hating the mpg at the moment but i hope it will improve.

When locking the car with the button on the door handle DO NOT grab the handle or even allow a single finger to go behind the door handle.

The sensor on the inside of the door handle overrides the outside button.

Use just your index finger the press the button.

I've made this mistake once or twice.

Also when opening don't grab and pull the handle at the same time as you could break the locking mechanism. Pass your fingers inside the handle, wait for the locks to operate and then pull the handle.

Last edited:
Well thanks for the reply.
your right its all about the hand lol
i had figured it out this morning but appreciate your input.

now to try and figure out why the mpg is so poor. 48mpg is not good in my opinion. loving the car though

I own a 500X for about 5-6 months now and I just joined the forum to post a few interesting things.

I also have this issue with the keyless lock, it is a little bit unreliable when locking. I press the button on the door handle and nothing happens.

When that happens, I noticed that I have to wait for a few seconds and then I can retry for the car to lock. It sounds like some sort of delay in the lock mechanism.

I've seen it in other 500X cars owned by my dealer.

Back