General Any Sedici Drivers Out There?

Currently reading:
General Any Sedici Drivers Out There?

ive got a sedici and its running 189.7 bhp with 284.4 lbft. the look on some peoples faces when i leave them for dead.:) had a grande punto before with the same power but my dog was kiling the interior so got this now.

ive got a sedici and its running 189.7 bhp with 284.4 lbft. the look on some peoples faces when i leave them for dead.:) had a grande punto before with the same power but my dog was kiling the interior so got this now.

I assume that’s a bit more than just a remap then:D

As a matter of interest, what mods have you done?

Hi Sambo114,
I'd love to know what you have done to get that BHP figure! ;)
I'm toying with the idead of getting one of these for my Sedici...
http://www.chipexpress.com/diesel-tuning-box-fiat-sedici-1.9-jtdm-kit-429.html

Anyone tried one or something similar yet?

Hi just bought a used Sedici 1.9 and was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the gears.... getting down from 3rd into 2nd is really sticky. My garage say that they cannot see anything wrong. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Hi
This is a feature of the six speed diesel Sedicis (and the SX4s with the same engine/gearbox). It's second gear selection that's tricky, especially at the beginning of a trip: it gets better as everything warms up.. the gist of previous posts on this is that Fiat dealers are told to tell people that it's "normal", but that if people continue to complain they can rectify the problem under warranty. That's a full three year warranty BTW with the third year just as good as the first two (unlike the "dealer warranty" appplying to other Fiats)
Fiat and Suzuki are both offering a kit to improve second gear selection: its a lot of work, but they are willing to do this under warranty. So if you car is under warranty still and its really bugging you, try pushing the dealer.

Hi just bought a used Sedici 1.9 and was wondering if anyone else has had problems with the gears.... getting down from 3rd into 2nd is really sticky. My garage say that they cannot see anything wrong. Has anyone else had the same problem?

Hi
This is a feature of the six speed diesel Sedicis (and the SX4s with the same engine/gearbox). It's second gear selection that's tricky, especially at the beginning of a trip: it gets better as everything warms up.. the gist of previous posts on this is that Fiat dealers are told to tell people that it's "normal", but that if people continue to complain they can rectify the problem under warranty. That's a full three year warranty BTW with the third year just as good as the first two (unlike the "dealer warranty" appplying to other Fiats)
Fiat and Suzuki are both offering a kit to improve second gear selection: its a lot of work, but they are willing to do this under warranty. So if you car is under warranty still and its really bugging you, try pushing the dealer.

I can testify just how good that warranty is...out of the list of parts in my sig below the only bits I paid for were the brake pads and i wasn't charged labour for those and my car is just coming up to 3 years old and all those pieces have been replaced in the 3rd year/

All just to comment that the wifes 1.6 Ele Sedici has now clocked up a couple of thousand miles under us - 40K now in total and the car has had absolutely no issues at all - was an total bargain. Its had routine services as per the schedule ....and thats it.
MPG is a little disappointing on the petrol but I guess the 4WD system adds weight - our old 1.8 Stilo was more economical. Great round town though - Yes over 4K its noisy when being pushed but for city use and even on the M'way its drives fine - just don't expect dazzling acceleration. Little cracker... I know the dealer we had it from commented if UK buyers knew about the car it would sell a lot more that it does. I'm actually now looking 4-ward to some winter snow!!!

Last edited:
Make no mistake, the Sedici is excellent. Ours is a 2006 1.9 JTD 4x4 Eleganza and we've covered almost 18K in 7 months in the car. It's great fun to drive, handles well in normal driving, and has "attitude" which many alternatives in the spacious-hatch market lack. 120bhp is adequate and the torque well placed. Like other owners we've experienced the sticky gearchange into/out of 2nd gear and yes, that's worse when the engine/gearbox are cold. There are numerous annoying trim rattles and creaks and to be honest the hard interior trim isn't impressive in the way it looks or fits together. The switchable 4WD works well and proved useful in the winter snow last December/January. The seat coverings aren't particularly good and really the folding of the rear seats could have been better designed (to enable them to tumble fully and provide a flat rear deck) and even better still to be completely removable! Overall it's a great car, entertaining and satisfying to drive, and has been 100% reliable. A good buy.

well 2 years old and 19,000 miles, had new set of tyres on front and new brake pads from EMC, seem to be a lot better than the standard ones, have towed a caravan sucessfully around northern england and the car hardy used any extra fuel over 3 tank fills, not impressed with the underside tho, struts, springs,driveshafts and brake assembilies seem to corrode quickly and the state of the underside around the front looks like its on a much older car, dispite regular cleaning, not really what i'd expect from a modern car, my 15 year old bmw was in much better shape when i sold it.

Well I hope to be soon! Ordered mine 5th April and was told last Tuesday July 7th. that it was in the UK at Portbury dock, dealer estimated 10 days or so for it to arrive in Cornwall? Had to settle for choice of 3 colours or wait forever! Fingers crossed A.

Last edited:
:bang:
Well I hope to be soon! Ordered mine 5th May and was told last Tuesday July 7th. that it was in the UK at Portbury dock, dealer estimated 10 days or so for it to arrive in Cornwall? Had to settle for choice of 3 colours or wait forever! Fingers crossed A.
:bang:Oh! well ho hum 28th July, Sedici hasn't arrived, But and a big but, Fiat have revamped the Sedici, there are some cosmetic changes, new front grill bumper, interior centre consol etc, Disc brakes on rear, and two new engines, I was getting the 1.6 107 bhp, but now it has a suzuki euro5 120 bhp, The whole thing is a fine hi to do, the new model has to be homologated at thatchams labs, so sometime in August it might appear!

Last edited:
Hi - I have just bought a Sedici Eleganza 1.9 from our main Fiat dealer - just over a year old with 8000 ish miles on the clock (I think it had belonged to one of their salesmen). I love it to bits (had it 2 weeks now). I bought it because we live out in the sticks a bit and things can be tricky in the winter. It's a perfect size for me too - I wanted the 4 x 4 option but wanted something larger than a Panda but not a whopping gas guzzler! So the Sedici is just right!

I have concerns about a couple of things so far, there seems to be an occasional misfire when asking it to pull away and yesterday the remote locking refused to work. I'm not too worried though and have booked it in - I'm sure they will sort it out under the guarantee.

I've found the Suzuki sx4 forum useful already having got a centre console for only £27.00!! (Use the Ebay.com rather than ebay.co.uk)

I've also managed to change the km to mpg (the manual seems to have the instructions transposed for the deisel and petrol versions on how to do this).

Haven't seen another since purchase - just hoping the main dealer will be experienced in them and that spares won't be a problem. I'll let you know how things go! :cool:

Fiat have revamped the Sedici...
They haven't told their dealer network that :confused:

It has been months since there was a Sedici available to order/In Transit/at the UK Depot so if there is a revised one (or any for that matter) available anywhere Fiat are hiding them.

I've had to turn away 3 customers in the last 2 months that wanted to buy a new one but I couldn't get them one.

They haven't told their dealer network that :confused:

It has been months since there was a Sedici available to order/In Transit/at the UK Depot so if there is a revised one (or any for that matter) available anywhere Fiat are hiding them.

I've had to turn away 3 customers in the last 2 months that wanted to buy a new one but I couldn't get them one.

Hello Scrogg, You can get the series2 in France and most of the continent, it has been on sale in Italy since April, better be as good as I thought A. My dealer had no Idea there was a series2 until I told him, I found out, by e-mailing Fiat uk and expecting to find out when my order for a series1 was going to arrive? I read somewhere that it was being launched in Sept? they Have a load of pics on dieselstation also check fiat's Italian website (sorry not allowed to post url's yet) It sure is like waiting for Goddo!

Last edited:
Once I've had a chance to read through them properly I'll post up the details of the Series 2 that have been announced to the dealer network this morning...

This is the facelifted 'Series 2' Sedici........

fiat-sedici-bumper.jpg

new_fiat_sedici_2009.jpg

Minor Interior changes......

fiat-sedici-interior.jpg

fiat-sedici-3.jpg

Last edited:
:) Well! two interesting telephone calls,and three interesting e-mails......

1st call am Sat 22nd Aug, from dealer "I have got the new sedici litrature on hand and I don't think you will get your car" Can you imagine how NOT happy I was?:(

1st. e-mail Sat am, from me to fiat uk, letting them know exactly how I felt about them/dealer how I had been led up the garden path and told the car was every which where in the uk etc:

2nd e-mail, Mon 24th from fiat " I have spoken to ..... ......... at ........ today to confirm that we will allocate a vehicle on to their dealer account for you, can you e-mail ............@.......... to confirm you want the vehicle":):):)

3rd e-mail, Tues 25th Aug, from me to fiat "Yes I do, thank you, etc"

2nd telephone tues am 25th Aug, call from dealer to me "all sorted with fiat! will be on a transporter and expect to have it in a week to ten days, PDI, road ready!:)
A week from now is the 1st Sept????????

Last edited:
Back