Technical Any guides or tips to access the wiper linkages

Currently reading:
Technical Any guides or tips to access the wiper linkages

Can't get it off. :mad: Seems like one part is fit to the windscreen, and the scuttle panel itself plugged into this part. Should I try to remove the combo unit (from bottom of the windscreen) or just the scuttle panel?

:bang:

Morty, what do you mean by combo unit? my scuttle came straight off but it had been of when i had a new windscreen.

Morty, what do you mean by combo unit? my scuttle came straight off but it had been of when i had a new windscreen.

It's like the scuttle (big nasty one) is clipped into a "little scuttle" (some piece of plastic) attached to the lower end of the windscreen. If the big scuttle is to come off, it will be a straight pull up. If the combo comes out, I will have to pull it down and out in the directon of the windscreen's angle. Just afraid to break something...

Last edited:
Just some pictures of the left-hand driven Stilo.

DSCN1735.jpg

DSCN1736.jpg

DSCN1737.jpg

Good reminder there Morten that if anyone takes off the scuttle cover them make sure you lubricate the wiper linkage (y)

Glad I did mine when I had the chance (when messing with Alarm Siren)

Hi I am struggling to get the scuttle panel off any tips.

Cheers
Gordon

Hi I am struggling to get the scuttle panel off any tips.

Cheers
Gordon

I think Fiat started with the heater matrix. Then they added the scuttle panel. Two guys held each part while robots welded and built the car around. This way, these two items are impossible to get to without dismantling the whole car.

Back