General Any advice on front speakers?

Currently reading:
General Any advice on front speakers?

JDMT

The front speakers are a bit rubbish and I want something better, does anyone know of any upgrades I can do or any particular speaker I can replace the old ones with?

Any 4 inch speaker will fit in the hole if you have a sei you might have to break off 2 mounting points on the speaker to fit the sei speaker cover 1460098125540.jpg1460098144604.jpg

As above. As far as quality is concerned, 4" is never going to be ground breaking and you'll be limited in terms of volume if you're just using the headunit's built in amplifier.

What headunit do you have and how much are you willing to spend?

Thanks guys, I have a cheapy Tevion head unit which has bluetooth, usb, sd slot so I'm planning on keeping that, I believe it is 45Wx4. I have a sub and amp in the boot which is loud enough to vibrate the car but I just find the fronts don't match up to it. I just managed to acquire a pair of small Blaupunkt speakers for free but I'm not sure what exact size or power they are. I will try the above advice and hopefully they will fit. I had some JVC ones before but they wouldn't fit.

Ideally I don't want to spend anything at the minute as I've just bought a bunch of parts and a younger donor car but if these speakers don't fit I guess I'll have to make a new plan!

If you have an amplified sub, you pretty much have to have amplified speakers to match or they'll just get drowned out. There's a guide to show how to make rear panels which you can put speakers into. I'd be looking into buying a 4 channel amp and some decent 4" for the front and 6" speakers for the rear panels. I think the Tevion units come with RCA outputs so you shouldn't need to replace that at least :)

Thanks guys, I have a cheapy Tevion head unit which has bluetooth, usb, sd slot so I'm planning on keeping that, I believe it is 45Wx4. I have a sub and amp in the boot which is loud enough to vibrate the car but I just find the fronts don't match up to it. I just managed to acquire a pair of small Blaupunkt speakers for free but I'm not sure what exact size or power they are. I will try the above advice and hopefully they will fit. I had some JVC ones before but they wouldn't fit.

Ideally I don't want to spend anything at the minute as I've just bought a bunch of parts and a younger donor car but if these speakers don't fit I guess I'll have to make a new plan!

I found having a sub and just having the 4" in the front quite lacking so made some quater panels to house some speakers

Attachments

• 1460112617431.jpg
    1460112617431.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 32
Yeah the Tevion has RCA outs but from memory I think there is only one (pair) and I'm using that for the amp that's built into the sub, I'd have to pull out the head unit to make sure but that's not a major problem.

I was actually looking at the guide for the rear speakers and the only thing that puts me off is I would have to have them covered to protect them and I still need to get the 2 seater side to fold down regularly for shopping. I guess I can do this though as long as there is room behind the panels.

Last edited:
Blaupunkts don't fit in the dash so it looks like I'll be getting some wood to make some panels for the back! Looks like it's plenty deep so I guess this is the plan. I'm gonna see if I can find some small but better speakers for the front and an amp.

Back