Another wee question , spark plugs

Currently reading:
Another wee question , spark plugs

jms700

changed the spark plugs no problem. but one of them was really hard to get out and once it was out it was all rusted, not the actual electrode but the rest of it. any one have any idea why only one would have rusted ? does it indicate anything ?

thanks

the thread wasnt bad apart from the lowest few rungs, and from their it was complety rusted including the nut part if you know what i meen ?. the actuall working bit was fine apart from normal wear.
thanks

a bit of water got in to the spark plug recess somehow?

so do you think it could be part of a bigger problem or just a some water thats splashed in ? anything to worry about ?
i was also a bit confused by the spark plugs. they work fine but they are very different from the old ones. the contact from sparkplug to ht lead in the old plugs had a hollow in the centre where as the new ones are just flat at the contact any idea why this is ? work fine so i guess theres no problem.

thanks

it could be a case of just water that splashed in and has corroded a bit of the plug, but i dont know the engine so i would reall need to see the engine to properly diagnose, sorry im not much help.

great, it all seems fine, i had a good look around, i guess some water must of just splashed in, i had to drive through some very. very big puddles over winter.
thanks for the help every one.

Back