General another i want a bigger engine thread

Currently reading:
General another i want a bigger engine thread

ill keep it short

want to know if i can get a 1.6 engine from any fiat car and put it in a punto. will it fit and will it work. i know its hard work i wont be doing it just want to know what engine is the best for it and what will fit. any suggestions will be highly appreciated. i understand a 1.4gt punto would be good but i want more than 1.4.:)

thanks for you help and thanks for looking cheers

lewis

Re: everyone read please...

no ones gonna read cos you put "Re: everyone read please..."

There was a thread all about titles the other day (y)

EDIT. see half an hour and 1 view ;)

Last edited:
Re: everyone read please...

I agree with ChrisUK...the gt lump should be poking out more power than a 1.6 standard.
My 1.6 16v Stilo is about 103 bhp as standard....mk1 gt is 130bhp

1.4 16v fire engine as done in a sei, would be a very reliable lump, weighs nothing.

1.4gt is a good engine with LOTS of potential.

both the 16v bravo and 8v punto 1.6's are not exactly great. not much more grunt can be taken from them, waste of time IMO.

1.8hgt into a mk1 would be interesting :) and maybe more reliable/daily driver than a 1.4gt

You're confusing yourself because "1.4" doesn't fit with the title of your thread.

1.4 doesn't sound much like a bigger engine, I admit.. but I think you meant your thread should be called "I want a lot more BHP" in which case the 1.4 turbo becomes the best option.

Buy a 1.4 GT and put a lot more boost (and an intercooler) through it. It'll do 140hp fairly reliably.

Ralf S.

You're confusing yourself because "1.4" doesn't fit with the title of your thread.

1.4 doesn't sound much like a bigger engine, I admit.. but I think you meant your thread should be called "I want a lot more BHP" in which case the 1.4 turbo becomes the best option.

Buy a 1.4 GT and put a lot more boost (and an intercooler) through it. It'll do 140hp fairly reliably.

Ralf S.

i changed the thread title, it was everyone read please.

2 ltr tipo engine my friends doing it right now. The shocks ect all bolt straight in only thing that he needed to do was weld new engine mounts into place :)

The agony of having a slow fiat, I relate to you bro, but a wise man once told me just buy a fast car, don't swap engines, it simply = time, money, unforseen problems. It is not worth it, but if you need to do it anyway to realise this, so be it. - Mistakes build character and women always like watching a man trying to deal with problems heroically/

I too am fed up with mine. I am looking all the time at MX3's in my street, old porcshes, starlet Gts anything for some fun. I love my Punto ELX 1.2 8v. It is my friend, drove her to barcelona last month. She is special to me. But I always want to cheat on her. Having driven fast cars before, you always miss it. But alas I must suffer! Life!(y)

Last edited:
1.8 HGT aint that quicker if at all than a Fettled 1.4 16v Sporting ;) mostly because of the weight advantage its all aluminum :D.

The 1.4 will only take 130bhp before being on the limit so to speak of what it will take, plus the torque output is poor.

If you've got to ask about a conversion you won't do it.

Back