Technical Angel Tuning?

Currently reading:
Technical Angel Tuning?

Well, the deed has been done - remap & CDA booked in for July 4th. Can't wait :D :D

He's in my area tomorrow and was possibly gonna be able to do it then :eek:, but it's booked in for the new Goodyear boots already - pity...

I'll do the exhaust next year & maybe get it lowered too :p

I'm rather enjoying this FIAT ownership thing. Let's hope it's not just a short 'Honeymoon period' prior to it all going horribly wrong :yuck:

RichyV said:
I'm rather enjoying this FIAT ownership thing. Let's hope it's not just a short 'Honeymoon period' prior to it all going horribly wrong :yuck:

I've owned mine for nearly 8 months now & I had no problems at all apart from the ESP/ASR turning itself off a couple of times. I would definately recommend the exhaust, lowering & fitting a strut-brace. (y)

I just took my car in for its service and the chap there showed me some 'inline' chip device to 'remap' the ECU. Said to take my 115bhp diesel up to 135bhp.... for only £398 +vat.
I nearly LOL'd.

You know what I wish. That nige would do servicing too. I could get my next service done and remapped at the same time.

moogs said:
I just took my car in for its service and the chap there showed me some 'inline' chip device to 'remap' the ECU. Said to take my 115bhp diesel up to 135bhp.... for only £398 +vat.
I nearly LOL'd.

You know what I wish. That nige would do servicing too. I could get my next service done and remapped at the same time.

We do servicing from our Midlands location! all Fiat/Alfa work undertaken, I thought that was common knowledge!

bennyboy said:
I've owned mine for nearly 8 months now & I had no problems at all apart from the ESP/ASR turning itself off a couple of times. I would definately recommend the exhaust, lowering & fitting a strut-brace. (y)

Im sold on the lowering.

The exhaust, i have a few ideas that could look cool, but im really not wanting anything loud and nasty sounding like those bloody chavs that so frequently try to take me off te traffic lights and fail miserably. Then there is the warranty issues, knowing my luck my warranty will be voided by looking at an arnold clark service desk bint the wrong way.

alfanige said:
We do servicing from our Midlands location! all Fiat/Alfa work undertaken, I thought that was common knowledge!

Perhaps, but I'm not common ;)
Well OK, perhaps I should rephrase my wish in that "I wish you could get a service thrown in for no extra cost :)"
Now please don't go telling me that's common knowledge too.

Next time, Nige I shall hopefully be making a trip then!

RichyV said:
Well, the deed has been done - remap & CDA booked in for July 4th. Can't wait :D :D
SORTED - what a difference ! (y)

But need it lowering now... :rolleyes:

I'll book it in early-ish next year & get the exhaust done too. :)

Nice one - so, what exact differences can you tell? I have had mine on so long now, and hardly drove the car much as 'standard', that if it was to go back to normal, I would hate it, lol.

Anybody know (on average) what sort of price hike the insurance companies charge if you report the CDA?

Not much, I paid a bit extra to declare the CDA and Eibachs. All depends on who you are with - phone them up and ask, that way you can get a correct figure just for you (y)

Stuart DemonD said:
Nice one - so, what exact differences can you tell? I have had mine on so long now, and hardly drove the car much as 'standard', that if it was to go back to normal, I would hate it, lol.

Erm - how can I explain it? :chin:

It's like the caravan (which I haven't got...) has been detached from the back of my car! :D :D

Oh, and you could NEVER go back. I think I'd rather take up walking than go back.

I am impressed - a job well done....... :worship:

Stuart DemonD said:
Excellent :D

You gonna love booting it past 4000rpm even more now.
Absolutely - it's a bit scary... :eek:

alphanige told me that you had the same prob as me with the back tyres scrubbing on the inner sides. Is that right?

Notice any difference after it was laser-tracked (I'm guessing that was done when it was lowered..?).

Yep, my back nearside was horrendous, I just that down to the Stilo tyrewear syndrome...

BUT yes, laser tracking was done by Nige. TBH, since then I have had 4 new tyres on, so ideally needs to be realigned. Watching tyre wear closely, though, and can't see anything obvious just yet.

BTW, where did Nige place the CDA intake on yours?

Stuart DemonD said:
Yep, my back nearside was horrendous, I just that down to the Stilo tyrewear syndrome...

BUT yes, laser tracking was done by Nige. TBH, since then I have had 4 new tyres on, so ideally needs to be realigned. Watching tyre wear closely, though, and can't see anything obvious just yet.

BTW, where did Nige place the CDA intake on yours?

Cheers for that - Nige did say yours weren't good, I think mine are just as bad..! :cry:

I'm afraid that I'm gonna show my ignorance now - I hadn't realised there were options for the intake so I didn't ask him (guess I could email him to find out...). To be honest I just let him get on with it as I was at work and just popped down to supply him with black coffee........... :)

Where's yours?

Back