Technical Angel Tuning?

Currently reading:
Technical Angel Tuning?

HellFire

Is this a custom Unichip & and is it configured for other modifications you make (induction kit/exhaust etc) to the car or is it just a standard chip similar to a superchip/tuning box?

Anyone had this done & what are their thoughts?

I believe that on most the cars it's not a chip but a remap. It is personal to the car and the map is decided through testing the car, not just a pre-made one. Hence it considers everything such as an induction kit/exhaust etc.

Stu had it done on his 2.2 JTD and is dead pleased! (I think I can say that right Stu?)

I've had an angel tune done to my Bravo. Its not a chip. Basically they re-program the existing ECU in your car to improve the performance. Mine is only the 1.2. Since having it done - all flat spots have gone, acceleration is miles quicker, 3rd gear now has a use and I get an extra 100 miles from a full tank!!!!

Paid for itself in a couple of months.

Well worth it in my opinion.

Nige (angel tuning) often visits the site. If you have a specific quiery I would contact hime via the angel tuning site

pghstochaj said:
Stu had it done on his 2.2 JTD and is dead pleased! (I think I can say that right Stu?)
Shhh, that is a secret!

Nige is about to retune the Abarth 2.4. He has already taken the map off my car, and is working on it now! The new map will take account of the CDA that I am about to fit as well.

It is definitely money well spent :)

the 2.4 should have alot of headroom wouldnt it? would be interesting to see the bhp output after its done :)
Wimmy - just wondering about the remap on the 1.2. Ive found it that 3rd gear seems rather long, like if you change from 3000rpm from 2nd to 3rd it drops by nearly 1700 rpm and really struggles for a while, usualy have to rev it upto 3500 - 4000 in 2nd on a flat road and much higher on a steap hill after a roundabout localy.
Whats this about the flatspots, cant say ive noticed any, or is it more a lag in the car accelerating feeling? (knowing that a flatspot is like liratly hitting the breaks when it happens, like it did on the old tempra when it rained)

3rd gear used to be useless pre tune. I always had to rev it upto 4k at least in 2nd before changing, then hit a drop in 3rd. I used to miss the gear out frequently before the tune. 3rd now is very nice and accelerates quite good. All gear changes are now very smooth with nice acceleration in all of them

Scorg,

Nige estimates an increase of just under 20bhp, plus an even greater amount of torque. I can't wait.

Will let you know all the results as soon as I do :)

I know this is rather an old thread, but could someone let me know what they think of this ECU remap & CDA upgrade on the Abarth.

I've been in contact with Angel Tuning & they are offering me both for £535 (I want a Supersprint exhaust too, but am gonna find it difficult to get over to Stratford @ the mo').

Also, I know about informing the insurance, but anything else I need to know, like problems with stealership Servicing after this work's been done..?

TIA.

its meant to be tottaly undetectable stu will tell you more but think hes busy this arvo
from what ive heard from him he loves it
u tried searching for BMC CDA and remap see if you can get any opinions there?
i havent so dont blame me if it doesnt bring none up :p

RichyV said:
I know this is rather an old thread, but could someone let me know what they think of this ECU remap & CDA upgrade on the Abarth.

I've been in contact with Angel Tuning & they are offering me both for £535 (I want a Supersprint exhaust too, but am gonna find it difficult to get over to Stratford @ the mo').

Also, I know about informing the insurance, but anything else I need to know, like problems with stealership Servicing after this work's been done..?

TIA.

Hi

Nice choice of mods (y) if anything, the remap really does the CDA some justice. I know that bennyboy now has a CDA on, and has a real flat-spot from 4000rpm upwards - this is something I don't have, as the engine just roars even more :D - with both, you are possibly looking at around 190bhp - even more with an exhaust on.

The insurance should be informed about the CDA ;)

And as for warranty work, not an issue with my dealership - having my gearbox actuator done at the moment, under warranty, and I have these mods on, plus Eibachs. Presume servicing the same, although would imagine it would be up to you to clean out the CDA filter regularly - something I am not relishing when I get round to it after summer.

Damn, every day you guys convince me more to get my car blessed from above!!!!!
Don't forget to tell me when you come over to Barcelona Nige!!!!! (tell me with some time so i can save up and i might even be able to convince one of my pals to get his JTD done too to make your trip more worthwhile)

All the best (y)

PS; when i do get it done and have 180bhp under my feet i'll be able to compete with all these snikering Abarth owners......!!! we diesel owners will get back at you guys some day!!!!!!!!! (and let's not even mention if i get my exhaust done and then get 200bhp..haha :D :D )
(y)

Stilo Multijet 140bhp said:
Damn, every day you guys convince me more to get my car blessed from above!!!!!
Don't forget to tell me when you come over to Barcelona Nige!!!!! (tell me with some time so i can save up and i might even be able to convince one of my pals to get his JTD done too to make your trip more worthwhile)

All the best (y)

PS; when i do get it done and have 180bhp under my feet i'll be able to compete with all these snikering Abarth owners......!!! we diesel owners will get back at you guys some day!!!!!!!!! (and let's not even mention if i get my exhaust done and then get 200bhp..haha :D :D )
(y)

Your engine will still sound like a tractor! Lol! :D Plus when I have a remap & downpipe/& manifold I'll have about 210bhp! :p Then when I get the head & inlet manifold reworked & the cams reprofiled I'll have about 250bhp! :p :D (y)

bennyboy said:
Your engine will still sound like a tractor! Lol! :D Plus when I have a remap & downpipe/& manifold I'll have about 210bhp! :p Then when I get the head & inlet manifold reworked & the cams reprofiled I'll have about 250bhp! :p :D (y)

I'm sure i can get it up there too!!!!!! And as for the tractor sound well, yes i'll give you that one but i think everybody here knows the solution o that..... TURN UP THE MUSIC!!!!!! (y) (y)

Back