General Angel Tuning 1.6 Remap

Currently reading:
General Angel Tuning 1.6 Remap

Hi guys,

I've just had Nigel from Angel Tuning out to remap my 2004 1.6, and what can I say...

It’s fantastic!! :D

All the flat spots have gone and my torque is back! I think the induction kit robbed a bit of torque and put it on the horsepower, but now i have both!

It feels so much smother to drive, and a lot more responsive. It makes it more enjoyable to drive!

Big thanks to Nigel, he did me a great deal and a really through job at checking everything out before he went ahead and wrote to the ECU.

Well recommended!

Its going on the dyno on Friday to see how much its now putting out, I'm hoping for about 122bhp. Next job is to create a cold air feed for my induction kit. It seems that it’s sucking in very very hot air, so more BHP here i come! :)

Last edited:
Glad you got it sorted at last, was a shame wasn't possible on sunday.
You looked gutted mate!

So which rolling road are you getting it verified at?
Don't forget to post your results!!

Next thing is that strutbrace we were talking about, LOL

This should be quite interesting because im getting mine done on sat at Red Dot so it would be good to compare the two together.
There was no prob with the ECU then, do you know what your number was as mine ends in 103 i cant remember what they said yours was.
Im still astonished at what my car is running before map with GSR 123bhp and still rising but your right the tork does go down a bit after putting the Induction on but i understand that it does go back up once the ECU learns a bit more.
Keep us posted

Glad you got it sorted at last, was a shame wasn't possible on sunday.
You looked gutted mate!

So which rolling road are you getting it verified at?
Don't forget to post your results!!

Next thing is that strutbrace we were talking about, LOL

Tell me about it mate, I was gutted after driving all that way!

Have you seen my post on the event thread? I was asking if you know an eBay link to the same grill as you, as i cant seem to find one! Strut brace has already been ordered! :slayer:

Nice to meet you, and nice car you have got yourself there..

:)

Dont forget to inform your insurance of all your modifications now and any that are added :)

This should be quite interesting because im getting mine done on sat at Red Dot so it would be good to compare the two together.
There was no prob with the ECU then, do you know what your number was as mine ends in 103 i cant remember what they said yours was.
Im still astonished at what my car is running before map with GSR 123bhp and still rising but your right the tork does go down a bit after putting the Induction on but i understand that it does go back up once the ECU learns a bit more.
Keep us posted

Yer, i'll let you all know :)

It’s getting dyno'ed here http://www.awesome-gti.co.uk/rollingroad.html. So its going to be totally independent of any tuning company, using the latest dynojet dyno (like the ones I use when tuning British Superbike Superstock bikes). I'll get the graph up as soon as its done (might be after the weekend now...)

No probs with the ECU at all. Nigel used three different computers/readers to check that everything was ok with the ECU before he wrote to it. He checked all the systems on the car, checked for any error codes and made sure he was 100% happy before he went ahead and did it.

He also said that he’s done a few of the exact same ECUs on mine a few times before with no problems. He’s never had a problem with the low software/hardware numbers on any of the 1.6 ECUs.

That seems really strange that your car is running so well considering it’s only suppose to have 103bhp! Hummm...must have been a good un!

Nice to meet you mate, and good look with fixing your top glovebox!

Now and again you get an engine like this GrandeJ's punto is the same has a lot more than its supposed to ..mind you many of the guys abroad on the foreign forums have found that their cars are running above what fiat claims I think some times fiat are a little conservative with what they give out and Volxstu is just another one of those that turn up from time to time ..like the 2.4 that ran at 159 bhp on the r/r day :eek:

Nice to meet you too.

I like to say I have the best stilo - Silver + 6 doors FTW! ;)

All I need is that GSR to be ready ;)

He also said that he’s done a few of the exact same ECUs on mine a few times before with no problems. He’s never had a problem with the low software/hardware numbers on any of the 1.6 ECUs.

We have done quite a few as well without problems. But we had with one a problem and having a box full of ECUs with this type of processor that Fiat had to change because of the processor problems (and these were not re-mapped ECUs) I am not going to take a risk. If the ECU would lock up I wouldn't hear the end of it from you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tell me about it mate, I was gutted after driving all that way!

Have you seen my post on the event thread? I was asking if you know an eBay link to the same grill as you, as i cant seem to find one! Strut brace has already been ordered! :slayer:

Nice to meet you, and nice car you have got yourself there..

:)

Cheers Matt,

I've had a look and the link is below;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KUHLERGRILL-F...ryZ68197QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Take your time to translate the page as it's all in german, my transaction was fine but i take no liability if you goes tits up, LOL

With regard to your brace, if you haven't already, check out the guide, it helped me immensly.
My advice would be to use nuts and bolts rather than self tappers but it is more work to do to drop the struts out.
If you need any more advice give me a shout.
Neil

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
As were talking about strut braces does anybody know how much clearance they need in the boot to allow for movement or is it minimal, what material they are made from and how thick it is as i am going to get a quote to have one BESP0KE made to fit over my subs.
Please let me know seeing guy on friday.

Their made from mild steel tube and you need to be aiming for some thing around 2mm thick x30mm dia (y) some times you can pick up lengths of tube on ebay :)

As were talking about strut braces does anybody know how much clearance they need in the boot to allow for movement or is it minimal, what material they are made from and how thick it is as i am going to get a quote to have one BESP0KE made to fit over my subs.
Please let me know seeing guy on friday.

Hi mate,
Unless your going to take your car on a track seriously, i doubt you'll need a rear brace at all, a front one makes a great difference though.
You'd be better off spending the money on getting your car lowered or if you've already budgeted for lowering then send a bit more on upgrading to better shocks. GAZ come recomended for the rears(y)

Back