General Angel Tuning 1.6 Remap

Currently reading:
General Angel Tuning 1.6 Remap

Part of the reason is for looks as it is a bit unique for that type of install and i would like to make the car handle as best as poss. I will be doing the suspention but havnt decided what i want and dont have the money ATM.
Cheers for the info.

Cheers Matt,

I've had a look and the link is below;
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/KUHLERGRILL-F...ryZ68197QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Take your time to translate the page as it's all in german, my transaction was fine but i take no liability if you goes tits up, LOL

With regard to your brace, if you haven't already, check out the guide, it helped me immensly.
My advice would be to use nuts and bolts rather than self tappers but it is more work to do to drop the struts out.
If you need any more advice give me a shout.
Neil

Nice one, cheers Neil! Got one on its way :):):slayer:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Due to me being so busy this weekend, I never got to the dyno :( Though it is booked in again for Saturday morning! :):)

I'm sure the car is getting faster! I think the ECU must be learning the new settings, it really is so much better to drive now! :)

(y)

Woohoo! 122.4 bhp and 114.2 ft-lb :slayer

Happy with that now! It was putting out 109bhp before the map, but this was measured on a different RR so can’t really compare the results.

They also measured the air/fuel ratios while on the dyno, and it is running a bit lean due the induction kit sucking into so much air, and with it being hot air....

The guys think if I can get it to run a bit richer (either by changing the mapping, the induction kit, or getting cold air in there) it will give it a bit more yet :)

Hopefully I’ll get the graph up later today, need to dig my scanner out of the depths of my garage!

Top marks to Angel Tuning! :)

You ended up with the same bhp as mine ..my torque was higher than yours tho 116 ft pounds :D atmosphere and temperature can vary the performance quite a lot on any engine and water can wreck it so be careful it only air you duct into the induction ..

So, AngelTuning predicted 122 bhp and delivered. Verified by the dyno too!

Does this convince the doubters that they do actually know what they are doing?

Not in the least (n) see to many wrong ones including yours he told you you had 150 and you had 144 at a rolling road day and I wasnt the only one to see the look of disappointment on your face Boz :)

Not in the least (n) see to many wrong ones including yours he told you you had 150 and you had 144 at a rolling road day and I wasnt the only one to see the look of disappointment on your face Boz :)

Phil, gotta say it mate but absolute rubbish and this hearsay doesn't do you any credit. On no occasion did AngelTuning say 150. That was me as it's a mean average for mapps placed on a JTD. There has never been an occasion where Nigel has placed a figure on my map or others for that matter.

With 247ftlbs I am a happy chap.

I would be a petty individual who was concerned over 6bhp.

Dissapointment? absolute carp, not long before that I wiped the floor with various cars at Gaydon including Abarth's. For me the only nonsense is seeing 30+ horse power increase on an Abarth following a remap and induction kit.

If your happy then fine ..after all it isnt my car but your face said everything on the day when Dans JTD made 153 ;) ..the power given to the abarths on the day is not just from one car ..so I think the results speak for them selves :D

If your happy then fine ..after all it isnt my car but your face said everything on the day when Dans JTD made 153 ;) ..the power given to the abarths on the day is not just from one car ..so I think the results speak for them selves :D

Phil, again this is innacurate. Jason actually wrote "very nice" on the printout and the re-map was done by AngelTuning. A very professional approach indeed. With this endorsement I was very happy with my re-map.

When Dan's produced the reported 153 (I thought it was 163) I was chuffed for the guy apart from the fact his car was the wrong colour, no disappointment at all. You are reading this wrong Phil and I think it's time to knock the Angel bashing on the head; it's just not deserved and could land you (and the forum) in hot water on the legal front. It's just not that important.

Every where I go on forums people are not pleased with his service and to me that speaks volumes ..end of subject (y)

I've read alot on this forum about Angel in the past but from reading the last few posts both Bozzy and Dan had 50ftlb approx more torque from their remaps than my Reddot one I had on 7th Oct.
See my sig, i have only 201ftlb and 153bhp.
I only have a BMC Panel Air Filter and don't know about Bozzy/Dan. Perhps they could comment.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with my remap as my JTD is getting on in mileage I specifically requested it not be MAXED out with the map. Mine was the first JTD done on the day and the map was written there and then as i held people up, LOL
I believe that some of the other JTD's didn't get much more than mine though unless they had further mods.

that seems strange as my JTD ran at 197 ftlb as standard.. my car was bog standard as well when the remap was done.

I had no prblems in about 5000 miles, only thing I had clutch slip about 3 times, but I was expecting it at some point original clutch on 51k miles

This 'GSR/Red Dot is best' issue is really spoiling this forum at the moment. Why cant people just be happy when any company has delivered the goods and given them good service? It’s all a bit childish.

People need to realise that GSR/Red Dot are a good guys but there are lots of other good guys out there too! No need to put anyone down.

Red Dot/GSR could not/did not want to map my car, fair enough. Angel could, I’m happy :)

(still trying to find this damm scanner!)

I've read alot on this forum about Angel in the past but from reading the last few posts both Bozzy and Dan had 50ftlb approx more torque from their remaps than my Reddot one I had on 7th Oct.
See my sig, i have only 201ftlb and 153bhp.
I only have a BMC Panel Air Filter and don't know about Bozzy/Dan. Perhps they could comment.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy with my remap as my JTD is getting on in mileage I specifically requested it not be MAXED out with the map. Mine was the first JTD done on the day and the map was written there and then as i held people up, LOL
I believe that some of the other JTD's didn't get much more than mine though unless they had further mods.

Re-map only, no induction kits included. Were talking very small differences between then all so not worth worrying about. They can take it to 170 but clutch becomes a worry. Be happy :) I spanked a GTI yesterday though and although i don't condone such behaviour it did feel good. Really good :)

Back