Android head unit upgrade

Currently reading:
Android head unit upgrade

Hi all, new here, I have just fitted a new 9 inch Android radio and canbus to my 500s, everything works brilliantly, all steering contros, no issue with head unit... However... I now have a dashboard cluster that resembles a Christmas tree, virtually every warning light and warnings when I turn on the car, if I unplug the head unit, the car is fine, put the head unit back in and its Christmas again. Has anyone had this issue? If so, how did you rectify it.
I checked all cables on the install, (I am an electronics engineer) to ensure no back feed of voltage, everything is perfect, but my car is not happy, it drives completely normal, but with beautiful flashing and twinkly lights if I plug in my new Android head unit.
Would I need a proxy alignment for the car to accept the new head unit, I have removed the old b&m unit because it was faulty.
Thank you

Hi and welcome to you!
Firstly can I ask if your car has a blue and me unit fitted and if so have you un-pluged it from the wiring loom!.
By removing the rear passenger side trim panel? if not you need to do that first!( the seat belt mounting bolt needs to be undone to do this and is well known for shearing off un- less removed with a "rattle gun") if you dont have access to one of these!- then the accepted practice is to CUT a slit in the plastic panel to let the belt slip through !-it is possible to do this out off sight as it can be done so the rear seat base hides the cut!.
Once the blue and me unit is disconnected from the cars wiring and can- bus system, you might? find that everything works?- if not then as you say a proxy alignment is the next step!, good luck!

Hi and welcome to you!
Firstly can I ask if your car has a blue and me unit fitted and if so have you un-pluged it from the wiring loom!.
By removing the rear passenger side trim panel? if not you need to do that first!( the seat belt mounting bolt needs to be undone to do this and is well known for shearing off un- less removed with a "rattle gun") if you dont have access to one of these!- then the accepted practice is to CUT a slit in the plastic panel to let the belt slip through !-it is possible to do this out off sight as it can be done so the rear seat base hides the cut!.
Once the blue and me unit is disconnected from the cars wiring and can- bus system, you might? find that everything works?- if not then as you say a proxy alignment is the next step!, good luck!
Thanks for your reply, I had the b&m unit un plugged some time ago and then a proxy to keep steering wheel settings and mileage from flashing. The car has been perfect since I decided to fit my new android unit, I think maybe another proxy to help.
Do you know of any way to bypass the b&m unit to stop any future computer coms issues?
I have been testing the pin outs from the plug and testing resistance of button presses (steering wheel) the b&m unit seems to run on pulses of data information and resistant, I was hoping to devise a way of tricking the can a and can b connections so the ecu thinks the car is normal still. Do you think this is mission impossible or just go with the proxy?

Thanks for your message 👍

To be honest far to technical for me!:whistle:If the B&M has been removed then next step is to try the proxy again!(y) If that fails(n) then there is the possability of some kind of incompaterbility:unsure: which will need someone with far more knowledge than me im afraid😜! There must be someone on here thats done similar(y) but for better exposure youd be wise to post in the correct section:unsure: of the forums rather than here in the new members section!
good luck!

To be honest far to technical for me!:whistle:If the B&M has been removed then next step is to try the proxy again!(y) If that fails(n) then there is the possability of some kind of incompaterbility:unsure: which will need someone with far more knowledge than me im afraid😜! There must be someone on here thats done similar(y) but for better exposure youd be wise to post in the correct section:unsure: of the forums rather than here in the new members section!
good luck!
All sorted, it turns out on the Chinese 9 inch android unit, the blue power aerial cable was back feeding and causing dashboard faults, disconnected as I don't need it, all is fine and working fantastic 👍

Hi all, new here, I have just fitted a new 9 inch Android radio and canbus to my 500s, everything works brilliantly, all steering contros, no issue with head unit... However... I now have a dashboard cluster that resembles a Christmas tree, virtually every warning light and warnings when I turn on the car, if I unplug the head unit, the car is fine, put the head unit back in and its Christmas again. Has anyone had this issue? If so, how did you rectify it.
I checked all cables on the install, (I am an electronics engineer) to ensure no back feed of voltage, everything is perfect, but my car is not happy, it drives completely normal, but with beautiful flashing and twinkly lights if I plug in my new Android head unit.
Would I need a proxy alignment for the car to accept the new head unit, I have removed the old b&m unit because it was faulty.
Thank you
UPDATE : All sorted, it turns out on the Chinese 9 inch android unit, the blue power aerial cable was back feeding and causing dashboard faults, disconnected as I don't need it, all is fine and working fantastic 👍

Attachments

• IMG_20231222_140716.jpg
    IMG_20231222_140716.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20231222_140800.jpg
    IMG_20231222_140800.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 22
  • IMG_20231222_140716.jpg
    IMG_20231222_140716.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20231222_140749.jpg
    IMG_20231222_140749.jpg