Panda 2005 - 4x4 - panda fog lights bulb upgrade , any suggestions?

Currently reading:
Panda 2005 - 4x4 - panda fog lights bulb upgrade , any suggestions?

Rocking robin

I was toying with the idea of adding additional driving lamps , not big ones , but enough to help . I then thought I use my front fogs to help with night driving so why don’t I see if it’s feasible to make the front fogs a little more powerful/ brighter and thus being able to penetrate further …….the roads where I live are not always lit and there are vast stretches of the a30 that have no lighting ……anyways what do you think ? .

Have you done this or fitted extra lighting ?

Hi.

You cannot upgrade fogs or headlights legally apart from fitting the newer Halogen bulbs that claim to be brighter.
It is also ilegal to use fogligts except when its foggy! (visibility velow 100m??)

That being said, I have taken to doing so to illuminate the potholes its necessary to avoid these days.

Your fog lights are designed as such and throw a very limited beam down and to the sides of the road and brighter bulbs wont make a lot of difference. You would be best upgrading the headlamp bulbs to the +30 or +50%. Osram Nightbreakers are a sound bet and make a difference in my Panda.

If you want better range on the full beam you need some specific driving lights with a long range reflector. One member on here fitted an LED lighting bar to his Panda and the affect is profound. WHatever you do take care not to over do it. Brighter bulbs will show at MOT time and my experience is the car fails its MOT and the gargae took them out and replaced them with standard bulbs.
Good pair od Hella driving lights would be my way to go.

Many years back I had 100w bulbs in my full beam. You could see well over half a mile on the motorway. Cops stopped me and told me to remove them!
]
Have fun. Take care.

Hi.

You cannot upgrade fogs or headlights legally apart from fitting the newer Halogen bulbs that claim to be brighter.
It is also ilegal to use fogligts except when its foggy! (visibility velow 100m??)

That being said, I have taken to doing so to illuminate the potholes its necessary to avoid these days.

Your fog lights are designed as such and throw a very limited beam down and to the sides of the road and brighter bulbs wont make a lot of difference. You would be best upgrading the headlamp bulbs to the +30 or +50%. Osram Nightbreakers are a sound bet and make a difference in my Panda.

If you want better range on the full beam you need some specific driving lights with a long range reflector. One member on here fitted an LED lighting bar to his Panda and the affect is profound. WHatever you do take care not to over do it. Brighter bulbs will show at MOT time and my experience is the car fails its MOT and the gargae took them out and replaced them with standard bulbs.
Good pair od Hella driving lights would be my way to go.

Many years back I had 100w bulbs in my full beam. You could see well over half a mile on the motorway. Cops stopped me and told me to remove them!
]
Have fun. Take care.
I will stick to the head lamp upgrades … it’s good advice , I will do some research for best ones 👍🏻

I will stick to the head lamp upgrades … it’s good advice , I will do some research for best ones 👍🏻
the greater the +age the shorter the life. I have settled on +30 % Only ever fit pairs. One new one seems to spike the other leading to perpetuallky replsacing bulbs. If 1 blows change both. Keep the old one to make a pair of used bulbs. This seems to work. Ive has 130% bulbs for 5 years in one car but they blew after 4 in the other.

the greater the +age the shorter the life. I have settled on +30 % Only ever fit pairs. One new one seems to spike the other leading to perpetuallky replsacing bulbs. If 1 blows change both. Keep the old one to make a pair of used bulbs. This seems to work. Ive has 130% bulbs for 5 years in one car but they blew after 4 in the other.
Thanks for your advice mr P Nut

Back