Amy Winehouse found dead.

Currently reading:
Amy Winehouse found dead.

at least someone was living the rock star lifestyle, unlike most of todays squeaky clean celebrities.

Is that a good thing? What's wrong with some celebs these days having good lifestyles which might actually encourage people to do what's best for themselves?

not wanting too isn't part of the physical addiction

Yeah, your right, I was trying to get my point across (which I failed) . It was an after thought, and I had lost my train of thought. :eek:

As for the spelling and grammar, no one is perfect. I have to use a spell checker as other sites I post on are terrible for commenting on it.

Last edited:
Whilst I agree with you mostly Jason, I have to say I still have little respect for anyone who ends up addicted to hard drugs.

People are people. They make mistakes. Weakness, hardship, breakup, all manner of reasons. I'm not defending it. Not everyone has inner strength when they need it.

Yeah that worked out well for her didn't it...great role model to kids as well

I'm curious why this comment always surfaces whenever a celebrity dies/does something bad. I'm not sure she signed up to be a role model at any point. A singer, yes, but not a role model. As a society we seem to project weird expectations on famous people and get cranky when they don't live up to it. That's always struck me as odd.

As for the spelling and grammar, no one is perfect. I have to use a spell checker as other sites I post on are terrible for commenting on it.

Sorry, I was being a little bitchy. But the point stands. It was needlessly sloppy and as was pointed out, those who read the forum overseas might not be as well placed to dechiper it.

I'm curious why this comment always surfaces whenever a celebrity dies/does something bad. I'm not sure she signed up to be a role model at any point. A singer, yes, but not a role model. As a society we seem to project weird expectations on famous people and get cranky when they don't live up to it. That's always struck me as odd.

It doesn't matter if she didn't want to be one, people looked at her as a role model. Its the same as Rooney, I can't think of a worse person to try and be like, yet people do look up to them both. (Or down on Amy now...)

I'd imagine it would matter if you were the person in question. All your life wanting to be the best. Getting there and realising that suddenly kicking the ball wasn't enough. Now you have to be people's role model. That would suck. Especially if you just wanted to be left alone to do coke and hookers. :D

It doesn't matter if she didn't want to be one, people looked at her as a role model. Its the same as Rooney, I can't think of a worse person to try and be like, yet people do look up to them both. (Or down on Amy now...)

When I grow up I want to be a guy with potato shaped head, not a lot of hair and with a wife who's not really any better looking than any girl off the street.

No Illegal Substances found in her body!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14635384

Dave was right

all it says is illegal substances
many drugs are legal

do you think this

winehouse2_468x479.jpg

became this through good living?

amy-winehouse1.jpg

the body can only take so much abuse,even if its only for 27 years

if someones really fat and they die from a heart attack
then the postmortem shows they had only eaten fruit that day
you dont say well it couldnt be their past diet was an issue as they had no Big Macs in their system

Last edited:
methadone is not an illegal drug. used to get people of coke.

my guess is its just the news giving out parts of information to draw people in

Believe its only legal if its prescribed to you. If you've got it from your mate, then its not legal.

Can't be arsed to read the article to see if she was legally allowed it.

Is that a good thing? What's wrong with some celebs these days having good lifestyles which might actually encourage people to do what's best for themselves?
There was a quote in one of the national papers a couple of years ago that Katie Meluah was too nice and singers and musicians should get drunk, take drugs and smash up hotel rooms. I thought that was a stupid statement except that the press need to have something bad to say about people. Well behaving celebrities don't make good copy. Personally I saw the Gallaghers arriving at Manchester Airport a few years ago and waiting in the building for a car to collect them. They were laughing and joking with the Cops and other staff members and signing autographs. The car arrived and as they walked out to where the press were waiting it was all sticking the "Vs" up at the cameras.

People are people. They make mistakes. Weakness, hardship, breakup, all manner of reasons. I'm not defending it. Not everyone has inner strength when they need it.

Sorry, I was being a little bitchy. But the point stands. It was needlessly sloppy and as was pointed out, those who read the forum overseas might not be as well placed to dechiper it.
Musicians have been dieing early for a long time. The story of jazz musicians in the '20s and '30s in the U.S. is littered with musos being killed by jealous lovers, alcoholism, syphillis and drug overdoses. It's just that since Brian Jones died in the '60s newspapers and television have been desperate for all the details. In the '70s there were multiple stories of record companies providing drugs for their artistes.

People like Amy Winehouse have always been able to be checked into The Priory or Crossroads. The kids in your area just get little by comparison.

I'd imagine it would matter if you were the person in question. All your life wanting to be the best. Getting there and realising that suddenly kicking the ball wasn't enough. Now you have to be people's role model. That would suck. Especially if you just wanted to be left alone to do coke and hookers. :D
One of the downsides to getting so much so quickly. The longer it takes to get to the top, the more time you have to adjust to the lifestyle. If you're 21 and have a big house with pool, a Ferrari, Lambo, Range Rover Sport and an Escalade what do you look forward to? If you have a Panda you might aspire to a GP; if you have a GP then maybe a Bravo is what you desire. If you've already got it all maybe the next aspiration is for prostitutes and cocaine.

When I grow up I want to be a guy with potato shaped head, not a lot of hair and with a wife who's not really any better looking than any girl off the street.
Give him his due, he and Colleen were an item before he became famous. He could have ditched her and gone out with an actress or supermodel as soon as he signed for Everton.

I'm not really that knowledgeable about drugs but I always thought Methadone was used to get people off heroin?[/QUOTE]
Correct.

Believe its only legal if its prescribed to you. If you've got it from your mate, then its not legal.

Can't be arsed to read the article to see if she was legally allowed it.
Methadone is actually sold or traded to other users by those to who it is prescribed.

u sure u dont mean mephedrone craig?
Mephedrone was a manufactured drug that hit the headlines last year and at the time wasn't illegal. It was later proscribed. I was told at the time that a variation of it would be developed and put on the market which in turn would have to be legislated against.

Back