AMP Remote turn on lead HELP

Currently reading:
AMP Remote turn on lead HELP

Ive just got my amp and sub all wired out for the power size and connected to my speakers via the rca to speaker converter thing. All i need to know now is what do i do with the remote lead from the amp, where abouts does that go?
Does it go into the headunit somewhere?
I dont know just need that bit of info and im sorted,

Cheers
Anfield

chaos

Ah. Not good...
It goes to a +12V switched supply, so it will supply power to the amp when the headunit's switched on.

What headunit you got?

chaos

Ah. Not good...
There should be a remote cable in the HU's wiring loom (it'll be blue or blue/white).

Gav F

Stripped
If you cant find the RMT cable from the HU just get out a multi meter and check under the dash for some plugs that show 12v when the ignition comes on and then you can use that supply and wire up a switch...so when you flick the switch the amp powers :) its what i did lol

OP
OP
Anfield
Thanks for your help! i really appreciate it. Fiat forum FTW! Ill go check my head unit now and report back as soon as i can.
Cheers

dan_in_darlo

Banned
the blue wire in the loom is the remote i had to cut the amp remote and twist it to the HU and seal it up for it to connect but its the blue sometimes say Remote or Amp on it

OP
OP
Anfield
There were 2 wires from my head unit which were blue and white and i tried them both but still no life in the boot. The power light on the amp doesnt come on at all, that worries me!

OP
OP
Anfield
my fault i connected it to the right one but my amp was powered from the negative from my battery, what a tool i am, works great now. thanks for thr help really greatfull for it

cheers
anfield