Amp Remote Connection

Currently reading:
Amp Remote Connection

Jemmane

i was just looking at my head unit, which wire do i connect the remote connection from the amp too? i search the forum, in another post they said connect to the blue wire but i cannt see and blue wire, i only see half blue ones. im my amp manual it says " if your source unit does not have a remote turn-on connection, connect to the vehicles accessory circuit" :confused: where on earth wud that be? mk1 98 punto

thanks for any help (y)

What HU have you got? if you look in its manual it should tell you which wire you should run from.

However if you dont have one, like you said - you need to take a feed from the cars accessory power. Basically its a wire that becomes live when you switch the car's ignition on.

If you just connect the amp to a main powersource you'll have the amp on all the time - which means a lovely flat battery, so you'll have to connect it up either of the 2 ways above.

Sorry i cant really tell you more, but need to know the wiring of the headunit. If its sony i can help...

Jemmane said:
i search the forum, in another post they said connect to the blue wire but i cannt see and blue wire, i only see half blue ones. im my amp manual it says

Many headunits use a blue/white wire. If it's an iso connecter it should be close to the 12v and ground.

thanks i found it, it was a yellow one on mine i just used that tester thing to see which one went off when radio wasnt on

that'd be the wire for a powered aerial, you know the sort that goes up and down when the radio goes on and off. check it still gives you power when you have a cd on instead of the radio

the remote cables are normally blue.

arc said:
that'd be the wire for a powered aerial, you know the sort that goes up and down when the radio goes on and off. check it still gives you power when you have a cd on instead of the radio

the remote cables are normally blue.

i cudnt see a bule single one, but that yellow one was all alone and i checked it and it works, the amp turns off when the head unit is off, this is what its supposed to do right?

as long as it still works when you take it out of radio mode. the HUs ive seen in the past retract the aerial (ie cut power to the yellow wire) when you play a CD

Back