am I thick????

Currently reading:
am I thick????

charmed103

Rite, ok I am still on my provisional licence, but I am planning to take my test soon.

Can i get insurance now as i want to buy my car b4 i pass, if i can, to get in extra practise.

Now I have a few health probs, so does that mean do u think it will cost me more for my insurance???????, do i need to tell them about illnesses such as diabetes????

Last edited:
you can get insurance wheilst you are on a provisional, one of the questions is 'what type of license do you hold', provisional, full uk, etc...

i am not sure about the diabetes, if you have informed the dvla then you will need to inform your insurance, not sure what happens if dvla are not aware of it, will go read some small print :cool:

dave said:
yep diabetes is one that you need tell dvla and insurance about.

told the DVLA,this is why is has taken me so long to getting round to passin or attmepting to pass my test as they would not let me drive b4.:mad:

I hold a provisional licence.

but thanks for ur help every1 n that stuff gaz was really helpful (y)

Last edited:
Actually i am probably wrong. Getting provisional insurance depends really on whether its worth it to you? From what you have said your budget is tight 2k for car and insurance. When do you intend n getting a car. Have you even had any lessons yet?

When i had my cinq being on provisional was only about £30 cheaper than when i passed. And of course they didnt give me a reason cause they took it for 'admin' costs ;)

Buy a car to learn in, you learn much quicker if your parents will sit with you.

Its probably not worth it since you need to pay for the extra lessons and organise looking after James..

We will be both on each others policys as we will be sharing the cars. Whoever is expecting to drive furthest takes the diesel, except if we're going to meets where the Tipo is wanted!

sammiboo said:
[pass plus]... counts as a one years no claims...
Edit. It also brings it down if your a named driver on her policy.. I did that with H
I think both of those may vary from one insurer to another. Also depends on factors like if Hellcat has loads of points on his license it may go up.
H

Hey, hope this is of some help, i work for an insurance company and deal with the paper work side of it all but used to be on the phone to customers. diabetes doesnt affect ur price but u jus need to inform the insurer. provisional license can make ur price different thats what ive found anyway, when i passed and informed the insurance company my price did change slightly as i got a slight rebate.

Back